Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hack IIS6

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

...Aparently

I wonder if Microsoft employees are allowed to take part Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

W3bbo wrote:

I wonder if Microsoft employees are allowed to take part

I doubt it.

C

• User profile image
    Manip

If IIS6 is as secure as Microsoft would like it shouldn't matter if a Microsoft employee enters or not.

• User profile image
    Charles

Well, maybe I should be more transparent Wink

A Microsoft employee most likely can't win the competition (meaning can't receive the prize) for legal reasons. So, if I can't win the XBox, why would I play the game?

C

• User profile image
    AndyC

The interesting thing here is not so much the competition itself, but the way the typical slashdotters commments switch from the "I've already hacked it" to the "I could do it, but it's not worth it for just an X-box".

Proving rather more difficult than some would like to think, I guess...

• User profile image
    Maurits

Charles wrote:
    Well, maybe I should be more transparent

A Microsoft employee most likely can't win the competition (meaning can't receive the prize) for legal reasons. So, if I can't win the XBox, why would I play the game?

C

True... but suppose I were to offer you half the price of an XBox, under the table, in exchange for a procedure to hack IIS6 Wink

• User profile image
    Shaded

Maurits wrote:
    Charles wrote: Well, maybe I should be more transparent

C

True... but suppose I were to offer you half the price of an XBox, under the table, in exchange for a procedure to hack IIS6

Doubt the loyalty of Microsoft staff is that affordable.

• User profile image
    HyBreeD

From condition number 8:
    "Employees and agents/contractors of [...] Microsoft [...], as well as the immediate family of such employees or members of their households are not eligible to participate in this challenge."

Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.