Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Paul review Longhorn 5048

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • jamie

if you mean critiquing the interface - graphics wise - i agree completely

but - after 4 years - ignoring the graphics - and looking at just the new UI placement of objects - obfuscating the gui to be more Mac like ( "my data is all over the place") removing List view ( hard to see  files) and repeating interaction points multiple times...etc   -  it is worrying.

here: look at this - ignoring all graphics - just layout and placement:
    http://www.jgrant.com/blog2/public/images_upload/lhbars.JPG

Id call that worrying and disapointing

hardware or no hardware - Graphics or no graphics

its harder to navigate - even after "learning" the new way it wants you to deal with your data

• Tekmaven

I wrote a blog entry right after WinHEC called "Why the WinHEC Longhorn build really shows progress..." so I won't repost my feelings here Smiley.

The thing I really want to know about is how Paul was allowed to post those screenshots.  At WinHEC, Microsoft told me that I could not post screenshots of this build on Bink.nu and Extended64.com.  Neowin and Paul Thurrott were told to take their screenshots down, and I was sitting 3 feet away from Paul when he removed the screenshots.

He gets away with so much Sad.

• eagle

I could tell the whole story, I got the "talk" along with Steven, but Longhorn is about preformance!

Screenshots on a pre-beta build mean nothing.

• jamie

eagle wrote:

Screenshots on a pre-beta build mean nothing.

let's hope so Wink

• eagle

I asked the Longhorn team one question at that blogger lunch in Seattle; will the UI on Longhorn be skinable?   Answer: Yes

Paul was late for the lunch, he also got to spend a day at Microsoft after screengate.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.