Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I Link, Therefore I am

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    z3ek

A WEST NYACK, N.Y. MAN was found dead at his computer apparently the victim of trying to keep up with too many professional forums. Childress H. Wanamaker, 54, an account executive at a New York-based new media company, died of starvation according to the West Nyack coroner's office. Wanamaker's emaciated body was found by Loraine, his wife of 26 years, who told MediaPost she had been bringing her husband meals on plastic trays for weeks, but that he never took the time to eat them.

"He was glued to his computer 24/7," she said tearfully. "He was so afraid he was going to miss an opportunity to contribute a comment or start a discussion, that he just stopped eating." She added that Wanamaker's last words were "OK Picard, stick that in your pipe and smoke it..."

Ok I shoud'nt laugh but "OK Picard, stick that in your pipe and smoke it..." haha

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I'm not worried... I also play games as well as forums Wink

• User profile image
    z3ek

lol, I do the same, I think we are ok then, oh look it's nearly lunch time Wink

• User profile image
    Manip

Dominos deliver right to my computer Smiley

• User profile image
    z3ek

Manip wrote:
    Dominos deliver right to my computer

Give them there own key, so when they bring your food they can bring to your desk Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

z3ek wrote:
    Manip wrote:Dominos deliver right to my computer

Give them there own key, so when they bring your food they can bring to your desk

It's bad enough Everquest actually has a built-in "Order Pizza" function that charges your CC straight away and sends the info off to your local Dominos.

• User profile image
    sbc

W3bbo wrote:
    z3ek wrote:
    Manip wrote:Dominos deliver right to my computer

Give them there own key, so when they bring your food they can bring to your desk

It's bad enough Everquest actually has a built-in "Order Pizza" function that charges your CC straight away and sends the info off to your local Dominos.

That leaves those without Dominos nearby unable to get pizza. Have to resort to going out, or ordering over the phone to a non-Dominos pizza delivery.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Hmm, I have not yet had breakfast today. And it's 13:11h. Wink

• User profile image
    rhm

Same here. The evils of working from home eh?

• User profile image
    z3ek

just sad down to a chicken fajita, mmmm its loverly, but saying that i had to "walk" to the shop to get it.

• User profile image
    garretmagin

z3ek wrote:

just sad down to a chicken fajita, mmmm its loverly, but saying that i had to "walk" to the shop to get it.

Ha, I just ate a bowl of cereal and had a cup of joe. Its 0730 here.

• User profile image
    JKelley

Unless they've changed it since I left the Everquest II /pizza command just opened up a browser window to pizzahut.com, there was no actual direct payment to them or anything of the sort.  (And yeah I tried the command out once just to see what it did Smiley )

• User profile image
    z3ek

JKelley wrote:
    Unless they've changed it since I left the Everquest II /pizza command just opened up a browser window to pizzahut.com, there was no actual direct payment to them or anything of the sort.  (And yeah I tried the command out once just to see what it did )

lol

• User profile image
    Shaded

... whoops

• User profile image
    Shaded

z3ek wrote:
    ... an account executive at a New York-based new media company, died of starvation ...

I'd rather go from starvation than suffocate under the weigh of my own fat - which happens so often I don't even think they mention it in the news anymore.

God bless America...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.