Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What Keyboards do you use ?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

SvendTofte wrote:
    Wow, a forum full of programmars, and no followers of the IBM Model M keyboard??

I used IBM Model Ms in primary (and the 1st year of secondary) school, I cannot say a single good thing about them other than that they're "cheap 'n' nasty"

Besides, where are the WinAMP buttons? Wink

Tyler Brown wrote:
    I just love laptop keyboards, and this keyboard mimicks it quite well! I also like how the number pad is a separate component, so that you can move it asside if you're not using it. I have got to find one of these!

I hate laptop keyboards... unlike "real" keyboards there's no gap between keys, making it easier to typo. Additionally, laptop keyboards are flat; not "curved" or tilted like desktop keyboards.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

W3bbo wrote:
    I hate laptop keyboards... unlike "real" keyboards there's no gap between keys, making it easier to typo. Additionally, laptop keyboards are flat; not "curved" or tilted like desktop keyboards.

The thing is that after using a laptop for 8 months straight whilst away at school, I now make frequent typo's using a standard desktop keyboard. I find the laptop keyboards much easier to use now, even after being back on a desktop keyboard for a month.

• User profile image
    Manip

What are the special keys across the top?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Manip wrote:
    What are the special keys across the top?

Media Keys

you don't need special software to use them in Windows XP, NT5.1 automatically recognises a few of them, such as "Media" which by default loads WMP or the "Search" button with invokes Explorer with the search pane.

You can override these settings somewhere.. and programs can capture them instead of Windows without changing application focus, which is a real winner in WinAMP.

• User profile image
    Manip

W3bbo wrote:
    Manip wrote: What are the special keys across the top?

Media Keys

I know they are media keys, I own a Microsoft Natural MultiMedia Keyboard... *WHAT* media keys are they?

• User profile image
    erik_

Lol, I was thinking good question while pressing one and a few seconds later my pc was in standby mode =)

sleep, startpage, mail, search, (run icon button), sound off, vol up/down, play/pause, stop, back, foward buttons.

Never really use those, need to think to press them, it's just faster for me when I use my mouse.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

This is the keyboard that I want, along with a Logitech MX-1000 laser mouse. I just love laptop keyboards, and this keyboard mimicks it quite well! I also like how the number pad is a separate component, so that you can move it asside if you're not using it. I have got to find one of these!

It comes with the mouse too, it's a package. And it's BlueTooth, so if you have your computer blaring out the window, you can take the MediaPad outside and use the volume control and the media part of it too(Next,Prev,Play/Pause,Stop).

• User profile image
    erik_

Harlequin:

Are you able to use the bluetooth mouse on a laptop with bluetooth intergrated? like, without using the docking, so you can just open up your laptop and start working.

Would be great to use together with my acer, since I don't have to plugin stuff then. I own a Logitech mouseman traveler wich is with cord, but don't see much use in buying a wireless laptop mouse if I still need to plugin stuff.

btw. there is also a notebook version of the dinevo, only that one got a non bluetooth wireless laptop mouse. It cheaper then the normal version.
    But it's a bit weird, they should have packed it with the logitech v500 mouse instead of the cordless optical for notebooks.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

I'm a big fan of the ergonomic split keyboards.  I usually get the Microsoft ones, mostly because I've used them for like forever and they've never broken.  Logitech is a good vendor though, so you can't go wrong with them.

• User profile image
    erik_

Using a Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro keyboard with a basic logitech oem mouse, since i am left handed and the mouse that is in the package is for right handed people. It almost the same as a Microsoft Natural keyboard, only some keys are smaller/bigger etc.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.