Microsoft Poster Posters ;)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

re:>> http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=68704#68704
     *ps manip - i did search for your original thread but couldnt find it

*source: Click larry's profile Smiley

PRINTABLE PDF - HERE

* i think thats sampy and that hes maried - i got it off his blog..  dave and bruce - are there no pics of you on the net? had to use real small ones - sorry
    I loved the bruce one best - almost that brides expression haha Smiley

* done in good fun - We ALL appreciate you guys taking time out to talk to us c9-ers  THANKYOU

• User profile image
    Cider

I love the posters.

The problem is, Jamie, its not people getting to know the Coffeehouse exists, but seriously, this so-called community.

Look at the posts here.

The Slashdot-ification of the Coffeehouse is complete.

Does anyone really believe that with certain posters here, that their opinion could be changed?  For Beer?  For Cairo?  For Leighsword?  For W3bbo?  Of course not.

What's the point in people from Microsoft posting if they are either going to be Angel roundly ignored or (b) attacked, as seen in the constant "So, will IE 7 do this or that..." messages to Dave or Bruce?  If I worked for Microsoft, I wouldn't post and its this sort of thing which has driven away virtually everyone from Microsoft who has posted here.

That is the main problem, not people at Microsoft knowing about this place.

Whilst Channel 9 and the Videos has been a success as a whole, the Coffeehouse is just an unmitigated failure.

• User profile image
    jamie

well the above ms'ers waded in here and thats good

why is everyone so down on coffeehouse lately...
    be careful or i threaten to post more mazie pics!

cider[coffee] house rules~! 

** imagine the odds of being able to use that phrase! Wink

• User profile image
    Manip

For the record I was here pre-slashdotting.

• User profile image
    eagle

Hundreds of thousands of people have had a look in at the coffeehouse on C9 and they view it as Slashdot for slow learners.

• User profile image
    jamie

so why are you here then? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Oh man, Jamie, I'm flattered Smiley

Good job picking up the careers page picture, that took some digging.

• User profile image
    jamie

icons posting here on c9 are MUCH more flattering

thanks larry [y]

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Btw, I don't WANT to change Beer's (or W3bbo's) mind.  All I ask is that they keep an open mind and realize that we're not all evil.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Manip wrote:
    For the record I was here pre-slashdotting.

Wow, you must have beta tested C9 since it got /.d the day it was born. I wonder what wackyness would've occured in the few months it had prior to becoming released.

Sure would've like to have been there Smiley
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Minh

Nice jamie,
    Also, if jonathanh is right about why MS'ers don't post here -- because they don't want to deal with the supposed FUD being spread around -- or probably the sometimes negativity, I say, MS'ers, you guys gotta get thicker skins. Get some from Scoble. Just remember the silent majority on C9. I'd also like to point out what jledgard is doing w/ the forums. Each question is "assigned" to a MS'er (I believe). Maybe c9 can merge w/ that forum?

• User profile image
    Cairo

Cider wrote:
    I love the posters.

Does anyone really believe that with certain posters here, that their opinion could be changed?  For Beer?  For Cairo?  For Leighsword?  For W3bbo?  Of course not..

What was it you wanted to convince me of, Cider?

• User profile image
    BruceMorgan

Minh wrote:
    ... if jonathanh is right about why MS'ers don't post here -- because they don't want to deal with the supposed FUD being spread around -- or probably the sometimes negativity, I say, MS'ers, you guys gotta get thicker skins. Get some from Scoble.
    I think there may some truth to the "MS employees are tired of dealing with the negativity" but IMHO there's a simpler answer.

My gut feel is that C9 has broad but shallow visibility at MS among the rank-and-file product team employees, and next to none in many job categories. Lots of people have heard of it, fewer have visited it, even fewer have re-visited it with any sort of frequency, and nearly zero are going to spend their Sunday evening posting on the Coffeehouse forum.

If the C9 people did a classic product awareness type survey internally, asking devs, PMs, and testers about C9, I believe they would find that to be true.

Further, MS employees are really good at looking at things from an ROI perspective. "If I invest my limited time on C9, what is the return for me?"

It's really difficult for many people to see the benefit of spending time here (or elsewhere, like Slashdot) debating issues.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Minh: I don't think Jonathanh is right. The problem with being a MSFTie is that life is just extremely busy.

Getting more MSFTies involved here is gonna be a tough one since this forum is a general interest one.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Bruce, I appreciate it that you and other MSFTies are here. Your analysis matches mine.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

My only concern Jamie, is that Bill Hill is the only one of them to get extra. Why does he get "Brining out the best in" and the others do not? Plus, "Brining" is supposed to be "Bringing". Other than that you've done really well Smiley

Security doesn't matter.
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    figuerres

BruceMorgan wrote:

Further, MS employees are really good at looking at things from an ROI perspective. "If I invest my limited time on C9, what is the return for me?"

It's really difficult for many people to see the benefit of spending time here (or elsewhere, like Slashdot) debating issues.

I hear Ya!

I have on more than one topic said F@^& It!

if the other person does not get it or is going to keep acting like a moron then the H** with this I have other things to do.

sad but true that no one here MSFT folks or anyone else can really justify the time we may spend on some topics here.

I for onw thoug would like to see this as a more "educational" place and less of a "debate" and "who is the brain" place if you get that last bit.

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

Great posters, Jamie...

BruceMorgan wrote:

That was going to be my next question...where do MS employees spend their limited time (not counting family time, etc.)...looking at each other's blogs?  Seriously, I know you guys are extremely busy (and it probably looks like we have an extreme amount of free time on our hands), but you must look at some news sites/forums somewhere on the web.  But what would make it more interesting around here? Does the quality of the debate need to increase further, or does that even matter?

Edit: Please tell me we don't have to start dragging in other MS employee's blog topics just to start new threads...that could get old after a while, although it would probably work in the short term.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.