Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Unattended install

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Brodieman

Hi all

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but what the hey if i ain't feel free to move it Smiley

Got a problem... i know you guys can help Smiley

I have Office XP (Retail Sad) and I want to create an unattended install

1) I know as this is a retail version I can not create an Administrative Install Point.
    2) And I can't use an MST file...

I can however put the pidkey into the setup.ini file... all i need to know now is there a way to do an unattended install with this? I would like to customize the install also.. (ie get rid of that sodding paper clip... or dog or wizard who keep popping up offering to help me write a ransom note or at time suicide note (especailly with my current annoying position....)

Anyhelp much appreciated! If you need anymore info let me know,

Cheers

Brodie

• User profile image
    Jaz
  • User profile image
    AndyC

It's just a case of editing the setup.ini file. I believe there was a tool in the Office XP resource kit for doing it. A quick search for setup.ini on Office Online should turn up something.

Seems like more effort than it's worth given that you're only going to install it once though...

• User profile image
    mitch

I'm in a similar situation with Office 2003. I wrote a script that started the installer, and passes the PID to the installer. I then just have to press enter a few times to install Office. Not a solution for a larger network, but speeds up installing software on my machine after a format.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.