Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Frontpage Color Picker - all apps?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Could we have this in all of Windows and Office? Especially for Desktop color matching?

thanks
    Smiley

( for those who dont know - its a small eye dropper like tool - selects ANY colour on the whole screen - helps to dispence with typing rgb numbers )

• User profile image
    yale

For what? Just take Pixie for free at http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

I've thought about this one before, too.  It would be handy in cases where you find a color on a web page that you would like to use in your own designs (instead of copying the picture, bringing it into a program, etc.).  I'm not sure how often that happens for the average user, though.  Or, maybe you could even take it further and allow a user to "grab" a portion of the screen (regardless of what is on the desktop) rather than using the "Print Screen" key/paste method.  Maybe there is already something like that out there, I'm not sure.  Programming-wise, I would think it would be fairly straightforward.

• User profile image
    lars

HyperSnap-DX will do that. But not for free.

/Lars.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.