Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Avalon and Indigo SDK

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Dunno if any one else posted this or not... but heres the ISO images to Avalon and Indigo Beta 1 RC1 SDK.

SDK & Redist.

EDIT:
    Links fixed. Any one try these out yet?

• User profile image
    PeterF

downloading the SDK now, didn't see the link anywhere else yet. Kind of slow though, 5 k/s at the moment. Thanks for the link

• User profile image
    footballism

I really appreciate ur download link:)
    104kB/s here for me:)Smiley

• User profile image
    figuerres

NuTcAsE wrote:
    Dunno if any one else posted this or not... but heres the ISO images to Avalon and Indigo Beta 1 RC1 SDK.

SDK & Redist.

EDIT:

YOWSA!!!!!!  Must get now....

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

PeterF wrote:
    downloading the SDK now, didn't see the link anywhere else yet. Kind of slow though, 5 k/s at the moment. Thanks for the link

footballism wrote:
    I really appreciate ur download link
    104kB/s here for me

No probs. Sucks for me as I can't dl the stuff at office Sad Sad.. Have to wait till i get back home.

• User profile image
    rhm

NuTcAsE wrote:

SDK & Redist.

EDIT:

Is there an MSDN page yet explaining the download (i.e. confirming that it's for VS2005 beta2)?

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

rhm wrote:
    NuTcAsE wrote: Dunno if any one else posted this or not... but heres the ISO images to Avalon and Indigo Beta 1 RC1 SDK.

SDK & Redist.

EDIT:

Is there an MSDN page yet explaining the download (i.e. confirming that it's for VS2005 beta2)?

Check MSDN Downloads. It says there

MSDN Downloads wrote:
    This Beta1 "RC" release supports Visual Studio 2005 Beta2 and the .NET Framework 2.0 beta 2.  There is also an updated WinFX SDK, including documentation, samples and tools available for this release.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Wonderful!  Thanks for posting!

Stephen

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

Nice !

• User profile image
    RaiN

Does it work with VS .NET 2005 beta2 Team Suite?

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

RaiN wrote:
    Does it work with VS .NET 2005 beta2 Team Suite?

Well it says the drop is compatible with VS.Net 2005 Beta 2. I'm assuming that means the Team Suite too. Hvnt completed the download yet so will post about it once i try.

• User profile image
    figuerres

but slow -- slowwwwwww download!

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Must have hit a nice download server, 420kb/s Smiley

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Does anyone get resource loading exceptions with Avalon projects you've built? My project's complaining about not finding the BAML in the resources.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate the resource 'clownshoe/contactlist.baml'.

Running the affected file through a hex editor tells me it's in there. Help? Sad

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I do not understand Microsoft servers anymore. This afernoon I tried to download but gave up on it since I could only get a few KB per second.

Just now I tried it again and got around 10MB per second, downloaded the whole 351MB ISO image in under a minute.

• User profile image
    NuTcAsE

Okay... finally got it working. Seems like you need to install the Redist before installing the SDK for the WinFx assemblies to be registered.

I first tried installing just the SDK but none of my previous projects worked. The problem was that no WinFx assemblies seemed to be registered in the GAC. So, i uninstalled the SDK, installed the redist and then installed the SDK. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Also works with the Team Suite.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Where do I find a MSI extractor? I've noticed PresentationFramework.Aero.dll showing up during installation, but the file is nowhere to be found on disk. And it's also referenced in the MSI. I want to extract it and play around with it.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Tom Servo wrote:
    Where do I find a MSI extractor? I've noticed PresentationFramework.Aero.dll showing up during installation, but the file is nowhere to be found on disk. And it's also referenced in the MSI. I want to extract it and play around with it.

I bet it has an install dep. on OperatingSystem==Longhorn

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.