Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PNG Alpha Transparency Petition

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

http://www.petitiononline.com/msiepng/petition.html

Microsoft is supposed to be reading this so I thought I'd mention that there is a petition that requests Microsoft implement proper PNG Alpha Transparency support in Internet Explorer ASAP.

• User profile image
    lenn

Thanks for the heads up.  I will point the IE team to it.  Not sure what their plans are in regard to this, but good to know what people care about.  You can only react to what you know. 

• User profile image
    object88

WOO-HOOO!  Hell yes!  That's exactly what I was going to post about! 

Well, that and the fact that I can't get alpha-transparency to print in IE.  Everything I try ends up being opaque and masking the background image.  I could really use some help here.

Edit:  Oops, not masking the background image, but backing the base image.  I'm not using background images.

• User profile image
    RobKeiser

Yes this and IE's not quite compliance with CSS are my two biggest gripes.  If both these things worked I wouldn't have to have Mozilla on my box. (except to test...)

• User profile image
    PTDC

There was a javascript "fix", to get it working, but I haven't tested it myself. It should be here

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Shining and PTDC, I've started up a ProductFeedback wiki page just for Internet Explorer, and populated it with some of your comments - please expand on them (or delete them, if you don't want them preserved for posterity and/or our devs!) as you see fit.  Read more about it here.

• User profile image
    TonyCh

Yup, we on the IE team really want to fix PNG transparency too. There's no really good reason for our lack of support here other than GDI made it really hard to do. I can't commit to a timeframe, but it's definite an issue we've heard very clearly from many forums.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Wow, already 14664 signatures already!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.