Coffeehouse Thread

45 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Roll call - show us your desktop

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    footballism

This is mine:

• User profile image
    doomer

that's mine

[]'s

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Just a black desktop with a bunch of icons. Saves energy when idling with apps minimized.

• User profile image
    doomer

Tom Servo wrote:
    Just a black desktop with a bunch of icons. Saves energy when idling with apps minimized.

rsss good description =)

• User profile image
    androidi

Wonder are all those X-rated backgrounds appropriate here .. I use none though.

• User profile image
    GurliGebis

Just a plain blue background, with the blue Luna theme.
    I almost never have all my programs minimized, so I see no reason to waste ressources on a wallpaper Smiley

• User profile image
    Heywood_J

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

W3bbo could you please link it rather than show it? At this rate, the image will finally download within the next few days on my dialup Wink Seriously people, don't show your desktop, link it save me and link it.
    Plus, what makes it worse, you have two monitors worth of space Expressionless

Just a dialup user hoping for broadband,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    bonk

As you can see I like to use my desktop as a gobal clipboard for files. Its so easy to drag and drop things there and to navigate to the desktop folder from any app. I am a lazy guy ...

click for full image

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

At home, I'm with Tom here - plain black background. Not for any energy saving initiatives, but simply because I usually have stuff open.
    On the laptop, though, where people occasionally glance at my wallpaper, I usually have the occasionally rotating image from EphemeraNow, like this or that. Creep-a-riffic!

UPDATE:
    I'm also a firm believer in that the desktop should be just that - like the top of my desk, it should contain only things I'm working on at the moment.
    - No shortcuts - that's what the start-menu and quicklaunch bar are for.
    - No downloaded files - I save them to the desktop, but then either erase or move to their proper folders. My D:\Stuff\ hierarchy is ordered and neat in inverse relation to the rest of my room.
    - No old pictures, half-written documents and the like. It took me a while to get used to the My Documents and related folders, but once I did (and also redirected the My Documents root under my D:\Stuff hierarchy) I use it to store all my documents and pictures. Neat.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Warning: huge

Update: Smallerized

• User profile image
    spiderLab

w3bbo, is that theme native Windows style? if so could you please tell where you found it.

No style XP etc.

• User profile image
    Cairo

Laptop display on right, 21" LCD on left.

• User profile image
    The J
  • User profile image
    MurphyB2005

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Manip

• User profile image
    W3bbo

spiderLab wrote:
    w3bbo, is that theme native Windows style? if so could you please tell where you found it.

No style XP etc.

It's part of XPize

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Mine:

It is impossible to work on a computer for any length of time without 2 monitors.

I have ~350 wallpapers that I swap around once in a while. I get bored easily. Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.