Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Polls - Not fun enough!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Manip

I know Microsoft needs to ship stuff, and asking us are we right/left handed might help but it isn't any fun. Any chance of getting some more fun items in there? Also, as Microsoft has statistics from Right/Left handedness for most of the population anyway, it seems kind of useless to me.

- Also I saw a show (UK) about body language last night, and they covered Microsoft in it. By how you guys react to each other I get the feeling your really high strung anyway, or at least boiling away underneath. What you say is all very friendly but your body is telling a completely different story, very interesting really.

• User profile image
    lars

Worst poll. Ever.

And it lacks the obvious Slashdot-style "Channel9 guys use voice commands!" option.

Manip wrote:

- Also I saw a show (UK) about body language last night, and they covered Microsoft in it.

Could you elaborate on this?

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Manip

They showed clips of people and then discussed the body language to try and reveal their 'real' feelings/thoughts.. Documentary. They showed a Microsoft meeting.

Simply put, although Microsoft prides its self on being relaxed and informal in reality they do follow the pecking order like any other company/organization. Just do so in a more suttle way, which can lead to stress etc etc.

• User profile image
    HE3

What was the name of the show?

• User profile image
    Manip

Body Talk  (1/2 - Power)

As every good poker player knows, we all have behavioural traits (or what they call "tells") that can reveal a lot about how we're feeling.

In this, the first of two intriguing documentaries, former Oxford don and Big Brother psychologist Dr Peter Collett demonstrates how Tony Blair, George Bush and Bill Clinton use certain "tells" to convince us they have leadership qualities and to show us they're in control.

Although at times slightly repetitious, this film makes some interesting and entertaining points.

• User profile image
    HE3

Dang.
    Not found on TVGuide.com
    Search for:
    "Body Talk"
    "BodyTalk"

Dang.
    Not found in:
    alt.binaries.multimedia
    alt.binaries.hdtv
    alt.binaries.tv.us-sitcoms
    alt.binaries.tv.aus
    Search for:
    "Body"

Looks like its not playing in the states anytime soon.

• User profile image
    mitch

Yeah I watched it as well, was quite good. It was a UK channel 4 programme, http://channel4.com/culture/microsites/B/bodytalk/index.html

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.