UPDATE: WE HAVE CHOSEN THE WINNER!
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT BONK HAS WON THE BLOG'N MY WAY TO THE PDC CONTEST WITH HIS ENTRY:
You want to go to the PDC but don't want to pay the entry fee? Well, blog your way to the PDC!
If you win this contest you'll win a ticket to the PDC, $1000 (US) in an airfare voucher and hotel accomodations at one of the venue hotels.
Write a post on your personal weblog that explains why you want to attend the PDC and also include the following bit of HTML code on your post. Once you've made your post, click through on the icon below to send the PDC Team a referrer and you've just entered the contest.
<img src="http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc/Flairs/Blogmyway-h.jpg" border="0" alt="blogging my way to pdc" />
Wait! I don't have a blog?
Well, if you don't have one, you have a few options.
1. You can use any blog service like MSN Spaces, TypePad or Blogger.
2. Enter the Shareware Coding Contest instead.
3. Reply to this post (Blog'n my way to PDC) with your essay.
How will you judge this?
Judging will be based on the following:
- Value to community (how are you going to share what you learn at the PDC?)
- Writing quality (hey, good English always helps!). - Style and extras (do you have a nice design for your blog, and are you gonna use audio, video, or pictures to augment your entry?)
For more information please review the official contest rules.
When does the contest start and end?
The contest starts June 7, 2005 and ends August 12, 2005. Winners will be announced on August 15.
The graphic isn't large enough! I want a bigger one!
Here you go!
<img src="http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc/Flairs/Blogmyway-v.jpg" border="0" alt="blogging my way to pdc" />