Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Visual Basic At The Movies - 101 short fims !! Grab a soda and relax

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    prog_dotnet

This is cool...

Free Not-For-Resale Copy of Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition*

Welcome to VB at the Movies! The 101 short films below will provide everybody from the beginner through the advanced developer with an opportunity to amp up their VB skills. In true studio fashion, we’re releasing two categories each week, so check back often to catch the latest releases.

Let us know what you think! View and rate five movies, then sign up to receive your redemption code email entitling you to a complimentary Not-For-Resale copy of Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition*

Grab your popcorn and soda, sit back and enjoy!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/atthemovies/

• User profile image
    pipes

Doh... I guess thats the price I pay for not living in .nz!

".... This offer is valid in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, all U.S. military bases that contain valid APO/FPO addresses, and Canada. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for shipment."

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Let us know what you think. View and rate five movies, then sign up to receive your redemption code e-mail entitling you to a complimentary Not-For-Resale copy of Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition.*

I'm a student so I think I'll watch the movies. ^_^

• User profile image
    Spar

Hmm.. I guess us Europeans are out of luck then... Sad

• User profile image
    TheTodd

I did this about a week ago and I have yet to receive the E-mail with the claim code in it.

• User profile image
    lars

I've watched a few and so far I think this rocks. I just wish I could save the videos and bring them along on my laptop. Freebee video training. Not alot of that around for Linux, is there? Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

TheTodd wrote:
    I did this about a week ago and I have yet to receive the E-mail with the claim code in it.

I did it and recieved the email seconds later. Something might have blocked it from reaching you.

lars wrote:
    I've watched a few and so far I think this rocks. I just wish I could save the videos and bring them along on my laptop. Freebee video training. Not alot of that around for Linux, is there? Smiley

/Lars.

I had no idea that anything like that for Linux even existed. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    sbc

I don't think you will really get Linux videos as it is a kernel rather than a full OS. What you may eventually get is a video for various systems based on it (RedHat, SuSE, Ximian, Mandrake etc). There is not really consistency among the different flavours (apart from the fact most include the GIMP and Open Office).

A video on using Gnome or KDE and there accompanying development tools may exist eventually.

You do get more freedom with Linux than Windows though (hence the large variety of distributions - which are really just collections of many Open Source products). If you decide not to get support from RedHat, but still have their RedHat desktop you can still get support from someone else (like Novell, IBM, etc) - ultimate support and features for Windows is down to Microsoft.

• User profile image
    lars

Sour grapes I see. =P

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

sbc wrote:
    You do get more freedom with Linux than Windows though (hence the large variety of distributions - which are really just collections of many Open Source products). If you decide not to get support from RedHat, but still have their RedHat desktop you can still get support from someone else (like Novell, IBM, etc) - ultimate support and features for Windows is down to Microsoft.

I have more freedom with Windows as I know that the people working on it are making a unified effort to my computer easier to use, faster and more stable and secure rather than trying to compete amongst themselves by developing variations of the same programs of which the source code is accessible by terrorists.

• User profile image
    Karim

TheTodd wrote:

Did you use a Hotmail address, by any chance?

As soon as I tried reading the claim code email in Outlook 2003 (connecting to my Hotmail account), the message went instantly into the Hotmail "Junk Mail" folder!

Same thing happened with the fulfillment (shipping confirmation) email!

The program must be writing the email headers funny... 'cause Hotmail thinks it's spam.  LOL

If you have a Junk Mail folder, try looking there... if you have some other spam filter, try turning it off...

The claim code email took about 30 seconds to hit my Hotmail account Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.