Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Your Help Is Needed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Kurt Kawohl

Hi guys. I’m an old fogey who is not really savvy with all the new gadgetry nowadays, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Much of the world today is entangled with religious irrationality that is also contributing toward terrorism and killings. I would like someone to make an animated type film that would be like a virtual trip and visit with what mankind calls God. The goal is to have this film distributed worldwide and its purpose is an attempt at instituting religious rationality. It basically would be about my weird experiences described at http://transcendentalists.org/">http://transcendentalists.org

Any ideas?

Kurt

• User profile image
    mrservices

Hello Kurt,

Start out by reading the Holy Bible.

Best regards,

Roger

• User profile image
    Steve411

mrservices wrote:
    Hello Kurt,

Start out by reading the Holy Bible.

Best regards,

Roger

Well said. Smiley

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Well, lovely, that was pretty tolerant of you.

He wasn't asking for reading material, he was asking for someone to create a video.  It's fine if you don't like his religeon, but c'mon.

• User profile image
    Steve411

I've noticed that in all of your photos [even on your site(s)] you're holding your throat. Is there something wrong with it?

• User profile image
    Charles

This thread does not belong here. Where should I move it?

C

• User profile image
    Maurits

Charles wrote:
    This thread does not belong here. Where should I move it?

Coffeehouse

• User profile image
    Charles

Done.

• User profile image
    Maurits

Suggest rewriting the Sandbox intro and/or Upload Agreement to make it clear Sandbox is a place for "code projects" (it is, right?)

Also suggest a new poll...

Sandbox projects should include their source code?
    * Yes, they absolutely must
    * No, not necessary, but they should as a general rule
    * No, totally up to the submitter
    * Whatever

• User profile image
    ZippyV

"Much of the world today is entangled with religious irrationality that is also contributing toward terrorism and killings"

> That idea comes from America and stays in America. It doesn't apply to the rest of the world.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Transcendentalism website wrote:
    When he was a teenager, he had a near-death experience which forever changed his life.

*cough* riiiight. Forgive me if I sound insincere or "intolerant", but I put my faith in science before religion, and so far science has explained how so-called "near-death" experiences work. Before picking up a Bible as Mrservices suggested, read up on advanced neurology.

Just a question: "Did you ever see Jesus or any of the other Holy figures such as Mohammad, Noah, Moses, etc.., and if so, what did they look like?"

After all, "you only believe what you want to believe", I'm a practicing Catholic myself (and at the same time hating myself for being affiliated with an organisation responsible for millions of deaths every month in Africa whilst being bogged down with "tradition" and dogma)

Yes, I know there's the Anglicans,  Puritans, and the rest, but other than the Anglicans, the rest seem too "fanatical" for my tastes. Next time I see one of those "Lets teach creationism in schools" I'll quote their own Bible back at them: (Matt 22:21) "They say unto Him, Caesars. Then saith He unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesars, and unto God the things that are Gods."

But I dislike quoting from the Bible, it is my belief that it is but a human corruption of whatever "God's word" is. Consider that a lot of the stuff in the Bible doesn't line up with scientific fact, evolution, pi = 3.14..., homosexuality, raising children, slavery, and more.

This is my Bible.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

wrote:
    "Much of the world today is entangled with religious irrationality that is also contributing toward terrorism and killings"

By "much of the world", I'm sure you mean: "much of the world reported in the mass-media" i.e: Israel, Middle-East, etc. Everywhere else is pretty much neutral over the whole "religion" thing and couldn't really be any more apathetical.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Maurits wrote:
    Charles wrote: This thread does not belong here. Where should I move it?

Coffeehouse

I think /dev/null would've been a better location. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

W3bbo wrote:
    Transcendentalism website wrote:When he was a teenager, he had a near-death experience which forever changed his life.

*cough* riiiight. Forgive me if I sound insincere or "intolerant", but I put my faith in science before religion, and so far science has explained how so-called "near-death" experiences work. Before picking up a Bible as Mrservices suggested, read up on advanced neurology.

Just a question: "Did you ever see Jesus or any of the other Holy figures such as Mohammad, Noah, Moses, etc.., and if so, what did they look like?"

After all, "you only believe what you want to believe", I'm a practicing Catholic myself (and at the same time hating myself for being affiliated with an organisation responsible for millions of deaths every month in Africa whilst being bogged down with "tradition" and dogma)

Yes, I know there's the Anglicans,  Puritans, and the rest, but other than the Anglicans, the rest seem too "fanatical" for my tastes. Next time I see one of those "Lets teach creationism in schools" I'll quote their own Bible back at them: (Matt 22:21) "They say unto Him, Caesars. Then saith He unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesars, and unto God the things that are Gods."

But I dislike quoting from the Bible, it is my belief that it is but a human corruption of whatever "God's word" is. Consider that a lot of the stuff in the Bible doesn't line up with scientific fact, evolution, pi = 3.14..., homosexuality, raising children, slavery, and more.

This is my Bible.

How about divine grace?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.