Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IE7 Public Beta

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    NeoTOM

When?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

When it's ready.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Sven Groot wrote:
    When it's ready.

How Worms Armageddon 4.0 of you.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

NeoTOM wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: When it's ready.

What?

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Sven Groot wrote:
    NeoTOM wrote:

What?

You'd understand if you played Worms.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

I know!
    Sometime before the sun explodes.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

NeoTOM wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote:
    NeoTOM wrote:

What?

You'd understand if you played Worms.

What about Duke Nukem Forever?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Just to clarify: I've been a Microsoft beta tester since around 1997. Whenever somebody asks when the next build or milestone or even the RTM version is released, the answer's always "when it's ready". It's become something of an in-joke, especially during the Windows XP beta. Smiley

• User profile image
    Chris O

W3bbo wrote:

What about Duke Nukem Forever?

"It's done when it's done"

Smiley

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Sven Groot wrote:
    Just to clarify: I've been a Microsoft beta tester since around 1997. Whenever somebody asks when the next build or milestone or even the RTM version is released, the answer's always "when it's ready". It's become something of an in-joke, especially during the Windows XP beta.

How does one get in to such a Mile-High Club?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

NeoTOM wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote: Just to clarify: I've been a Microsoft beta tester since around 1997. Whenever somebody asks when the next build or milestone or even the RTM version is released, the answer's always "when it's ready". It's become something of an in-joke, especially during the Windows XP beta.

How does one get in to such a Mile-High Club?

At the time there was a public signup for the DirectX 7 beta. I got in because I was interested in DX for VB (I never actually ended up using that a lot). From that, I was invited into the Windows 2000 beta, and it went on from there. So far, I've been in every DirectX beta since 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, XPSP1, XPSP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, XPSP1 Application Termination Reporting, Windows Update v5, Microsoft Update, and right now I'm in Windows Server 2003 R2, Monad, Virtual Server 2005 SP1 and MBSA 2.0 (those last three just via the public signups).

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick
  • User profile image
    BruceMorgan

IE7's beta will be open - anybody who wants to download it can download it.  Essentially similar to the Antispyware beta.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

BruceMorgan wrote:
    IE7's beta will be open - anybody who wants to download it can download it.  Essentially similar to the Antispyware beta.

I thought so. The real question was "when"?

• User profile image
    manickernel

Undoubtedly when it is ready, not before when it is ready, and only when it is ready. 

• User profile image
    koorb

Interesting note about Duke Nukem Forever is that since it started development Thief one, two and three has been made all inside its development lifecycle.

• User profile image
    buggy123

they have to wait for compatible spyware and viruses to be developed before they can release it.  after all, what would a microsoft browser be without these things?

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

That was a clever joke. You should start a stand up comedy tour.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.