Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Where are the Microsofties?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    vazz

This is supposed to be the place were Microsoft developers are supposed to hang out and answer our questions. Where are they? I can hardly see them replying in the forums. Not even Scoble is around. Sad

• User profile image
    JBeda

I'm here!  I've been trying to keep an eye on what is going on here but it is hard because there is so much of it!

Ask me Avalon questions and I'll do my best to reply.

Joe

• User profile image
    cneable

yeah, we're all around.  i've been getting down talking in a couple threads here and there.  it's awesome reading about the things people do/don't like, and the questions they've got.

• User profile image
    miies

Untill now I've read every new post, and I have seen a lot of MS replies..

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I'm here. Just a bit busy.

All the MVPs are here on campus, so we've been busy meeting with them and showing off Channel9.

More and more Microsofties will show up here over time. They don't know much about us either. Remember, no PR. No marketing. So, the only way they find out is by hearing about it just like you did. Well, OK, I did spam a few internal email mailing lists and I do punch any Microsoftie in the arm if they say they don't want to come here.

• User profile image
    Jizg

Smiley Smile Bump Tongue Out

• User profile image
    rhm

wanker

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Jizg wrote:
    Smile Bump
    Generic Forum Image

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

*Starts to see how valuable that vote-off-island button would be*

I've refrained from posting Avalon/Indigo inquiries here and have directed them at the newsgroups, perhaps I'll change my tactics. I'd like to see the newsgroups replaced by a user forum. It would be a much more natural and friendly way to get questions answered.

• User profile image
    Jizg

W3bbo wrote:
    Jizg wrote: Smile Bump
    Generic Forum Image

Im a cat person anyway Tongue Out

• User profile image
    nukeation

JBeda wrote:
    I'm here!  I've been trying to keep an eye on what is going on here but it is hard because there is so much of it!

Ask me Avalon questions and I'll do my best to reply.

Joe

Joe, I have a few questions:

What kind of VISUAL designer will be provided for Avalon/XAML documents?

Will Microsoft develop 3D Export plugins for popular formats or software such as MAX (3D STUDIO) or LightWave - so that it could be loaded into 3D Studio and can directly export to a XAML? I hope you don't rely entirely on 3rd party tools for such things!!

When will the next CTP be? (I'm just lazy to find this out, so I'm asking here directly)

Will Avalon/WinFX Beta before Longhorn?

Will 3D Avalon objects support highly complex shaders like in DirectX or will there be some limits to how much complexity you can go to?

Will there be an Avalon design guideline/specification document like the Windows XP Design Guidelines? Not rules, but recommendations on what to do or not do with Avalon UI?

I know. Lots of questions. I'm just super high on Avalon. My veins are pumping XAML code. I'm sweating vector UI. It feels so good!!

Thanks!

- Dax

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

nukeation wrote:
    When will the next CTP be? (I'm just lazy to find this out, so I'm asking here directly)

I'll answer this one right now, as I've received word from Microsoft in the newsgroups. As I've posted on my blog, the team at Microsoft are working hard to get a Beta 2 compatible CTP of Avalon and Indigo as soon as possible. However, an exact date cannot be given.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Well this thread is popular... 10000+ views. Was that before or after the bump?

Gotta hate the Bump.
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Beer,
       Read the dates on any new posts very carefully.  There are some year old threads being brought up again so they appear to be brand new.

• User profile image
    manickernel

..at least he is bumping fairly good old threads.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Never the less, the key word here is bumping. I'd like to give his keyboard a few bumps... perhaps I could dissable the B, M, P, S and U keys...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.