Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How many of the active and posting c9 member are females?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

    How many of the active and posting c9 members are females?

  • User profile image
    Shaded

    littleguru wrote:

    How many of the active and posting c9 members are females?




    Oh for crying in the sink!

    A lot less now that you asked the question.

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    LOL Smiley




    mVPstar

  • User profile image
    Steve411

    Counting Shaded and mVP here. I'd say two. Wink Just joking.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    littleguru wrote:

    How many of the active and posting c9 members are females?



    Or more accurately, how many of you would like us to believe you are women.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    ScanIAm wrote:
    littleguru wrote:

    How many of the active and posting c9 members are females?



    Or more accurately, how many of you would like us to believe you are women.


    It seems to me that there is no real girl here, aside Gretchen.

  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

    littleguru wrote:
    It seems to me that there is no real girl here, aside Gretchen.


    Your point being? It isn't like they are real anyway. Or at least not the ones I meet in any bars... *cough cough*

    Anyway what is the point? It's not like we wouldn't scare them off right away with all our burning torches and pitch forks. Plus you are completely forgetting the most important woman around these parts, a 9Teamer, bethg. How could you forget her? Tsk tsk tsk...



    What was the point on the end of this pen again?
    Loadsgood.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    i was going to mention that - (beth)

    apparently she is taking a few weeks to read and "digest" these forums

    all i can say is - she may need some Tums , alka-seltzer AND pepto!

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Loadsgood wrote:
    ... a 9Teamer, bethg. How could you forget her? Tsk tsk tsk...



    Is she that girl who did the interviews about the PDC "competitions" on C9?

  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

    littleguru wrote:
    Is she that girl who did the interviews about the PDC "competitions" on C9?


    I don't know... I haven't seen all (or any) of those videos but if you see Scoble, and hear a women's voice then the logical conclusion is that it is her or another 9Temaer who is also a women.
    In total there is 2 new 9Teamers except I only know that bethg is one half of that two... Unless the other half has been revealed and I missed it. Either way welcome to Channel9 BethG Smiley This is the best TV Channel around Channel '9' Wink



    Damn cat knocking over newspaper...
    Loadsgood.

  • User profile image
    footballism

    littleguru wrote:

    It seems to me that there is no real girl here, aside Gretchen.

    You even don't mention our lady of decompilation, anyway allegedly she is a woman:)
    You know sort of masculinized:)

  • User profile image
    TomasDeml

    footballism wrote:
    littleguru wrote:
    It seems to me that there is no real girl here, aside Gretchen.

    You even don't mention our lady of decompilation, anyway allegedly she is a woman
    You know sort of masculinized


    Smiley)))

  • User profile image
    Arran

    It's always the same in IT though.  I think the best ratio i have worked in was 5:1.

    However i think these "IT for Girls" programs in schools in the UK are just plain wrong.  Talk about positive discrimination!

  • User profile image
    Manip

    Arran wrote:

    However i think these "IT for Girls" programs in schools in the UK are just plain wrong.  Talk about positive discrimination!


    ^nod^  IMO positive discrimination is almost as bad as negative and by its nature you ARE negatively discriminating against the opposite of the positive (e.g. Positive Black -- Negative White/Asian/Etc, Positive Female -- Negative Male etc).

    A lot of people claim to have a neutral position and a positive position (e.g. Positive Black -- Neutral White/Asian/etc) but when there are limited slots or positions that stance is obviously incorrect as a positive stance forces someone from the natural group out of a job/position they would otherwise have had meaning it is in fact negative discrimination.

  • User profile image
    eagle

    There are no woman here, why is that?


    I attended two User Group meetings this week, one had no woman the other had two from China and one from India.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Generalizations are what they are, but:

    Most women I know find computers to be quite boring.  They'll use them at work because they have to, not because it's fun.

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    My wife likes Booze!

    I like computers!

    Who has more fun?

    Smiley

    I love these dumb posts, never happens on /.

  • User profile image
    Tensor

    At the ech roadshow I attended recently, in the developer stream, I wouuld estimate 1% female attendees. Its just plain wrong!

    Agree that positive discrimination is not the answer but somewhere in the education system there is some massive discrimination going on.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.