Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

which web cam is a good buy

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TK3

Which companies web cam is a good buy because i am planning on getting one for myself

• User profile image
    Shaded

TK3 wrote:
    Which companies web cam is a good buy because i am planning on getting one for myself

Logitech is fairly boiler plate and this looks like a deal:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=961361-0403-R&cat=VID

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Don't get the QuickCam Sphere (QuickCam Orbit in the USA), sure... it looks sexy, but:

a) You need to install their drivers full of bloatware. I tried hacking the driver installer a bit, but I couldn't get it to work without installing the Logitech extraware. As a result, the camera is installed on my old Dell and on my spotless big-blue box Smiley

b) It only has a 640x480 CCD inside it... the picture quality isn't the best (compared to a real digital camera). I've heard the QuickCam Pro 4000 has a higher-quality chip inside it.

c) The "head tracking" feature is overrated if totally useless outside meeting rooms. (Where they usually have proper cameras anyway)

c) If you choose to have it in "cute" mode, you need to find somewhere to stick the stand when not in use, I've lost it a few times now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.