Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

mounthly video interviews with bill gates?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    prog_dotnet

Is it possible to make a mountly video section with bill gates?
    I was thinking in the following direction;  let channel9 users post questions, and then he could pick like 5 or so each month and answer them in some short videos.

• User profile image
    lars

I think there are plenty of places you can listen to his marketing pitch. I come here to listen to the developers and the people who put in the actual work.

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Manip

Why do we care? Gates is a has-been.

• User profile image
    lars

Bring on the devs!

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Manip

Anyone (else) see that Gates interview from a few years back, boy was that dull! I do appreciate all the charity stuff he is involved with, I just find his speeches boring.

The only one I can actually remember enjoying is the Pre-Windows 98 BSOD. Smiley

[Note: Anyone else seeing two 'years' in my post, if I edit I am only seeing one.. am I going insane?]

• User profile image
    lars

Nice and diplomatic there Charles. Smiley Good work!

The wonderful thing about C9 (IMHO) is that it puts the spotlight on people who know the details. 

Please feel free to post any unreleased videos of the Ballmer dance tho. He's cool.

/Lars.

• User profile image
    jamie

id love to see the promo videos you shoot for conferences.. like the sun microsystems - Da Da Da - car one with Bill and Steve ( seen that ) but ive read about others.  Be cool to see them all

• User profile image
    Charles

lars wrote:
    Bring on the devs!

/Lars.

They're already here! More on the way... Smiley

PS. Bill is about as technically knowledgable as anybody in the company, so if we were to interview him we would ask the same questions we would ask developers, though they would necessarily be more abstract and broad, like the future of Windows, managed kernel, Microsoft futures, and also, how to keep the MS troops' and our partners' morale high in this time of tight budgets and weak economy...

This is not a bad idea, by the way. Hmm.

Charles

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

To quote the channel9 sloagan;
    we might learn something from getting to know each other

Factors such as developments in sciences, political climate, technological advancement and economic condition, and others create a Zitegeist. The spirit of time I u will. Most historienas consider the zeitgeist important in any understanding of historical development.

An alternative is the great-person approach by emphasizing the work of individuals such as Darwin and Freud

Yet another is the historical development approach. It mainly focus on changes in ideas and consepts over time.

One can blend all these perspectives by coming together and discuss our points of view, and hopefully bring a deeper understanding of the diversity and complexity in computer technology and society at large.

I cant think of any negative side effect by also include the co founder of the company in such a debate.

• User profile image
    lars

prog_dotnet wrote:

I cant think of any negative side effect by also include the co founder of the company in such a debate.

If he thinks it's worth his time to "debate" here I'm pretty sure no one can stop him. 

/Lars.

• User profile image
    Jaz

i'm in two minds.

while i would enjoy seeing some interviews with Bill, as, well he is a programmer, he's the head or architecture and etc, i do enjoy the interviews with the people we don't know quite as well (but of course are now becoming famous in our circle heh).  I want to see more interviews with people who are deep in the company, not right on the surface like Paul Allen, Bill and Steve.  If i want them i'll goto CNet or eweek or whatever.

• User profile image
    androidi

Well I think it would not be so bad idea. When you see Bill etc in the news and other "big" contexts, you most likely see just one small side. I'd like to see Bill or other big bosses in some more "close to ground" context, not in a pure marketing context if you know what I mean. Show us he still knows how to write code LOL.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

androidi wrote:
    Well I think it would not be so bad idea. When you see Bill etc in the news and other "big" contexts, you most likely see just one small side. I'd like to see Bill or other big bosses in some more "close to ground" context, not in a pure marketing context if you know what I mean. Show us he still knows how to write code LOL.

Isn't he the chief software architect? Meaning that he designs the interfaces...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.