Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Scobleize

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    NeoTOM

What does it mean to "Scobleize"?

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

NeoTOM wrote:
    I believe that to have been Scobleized means that Scoble has blogged about you, and now your blog receives an influx of traffic that you never had before.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

It started when I was an employee at San Jose State University. I used to load betas of Macintosh OS 7 on people's machines without their permission. One secretary, after I did that, said "I've been Scobleized."

The term stuck and I used it for my blog. People today say they've been Scobleized when I meet them, link to them, talk about them, or punch them in the nose. Oh, haven't done that yet. Smiley

• User profile image
    Tensor

You should start.

• User profile image
    billh

scobleizer wrote:
    The term stuck and I used it for my blog. People today say they've been Scobleized when I meet them, link to them, talk about them, or punch them in the nose. Oh, haven't done that yet. Smiley

Now, if you go over to Joel Sposky's office, and knock over all the furniture, he can say...

"I can't believe it. We've been..." 

• User profile image
    Tensor

Yeah - settle it - the Chicago way.

• User profile image
    Steve411

NeoTOM wrote:

I was Scobleized once, but then again the traffic killed my server. Smiley Well, not mine, the hosts. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    BruceMorgan

My high school shop teacher would have a different definition.

Whenever you screwed something up, and asked him to help, Mr. Flanagan would exclaim "I know what you did wrong here - you Morganized it!"

Or Scobleized it, or whatever.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

BruceMorgan wrote:
    My high school shop teacher would have a different definition.

Whenever you screwed something up, and asked him to help, Mr. Flanagan would exclaim "I know what you did wrong here - you Morganized it!"

Or Scobleized it, or whatever.

To bad my last name cant be used for something catchy like that, if I come over to talk to people they say "RUN" if I mess something up I "f/ed" it up, or if I do something to peoples machines they say "He is f$%#king with my computer"

• User profile image
    fdezjose

scobleizer wrote:
    It started when I was an employee at San Jose State University. I used to load betas of Macintosh OS 7 on people's machines without their permission. One secretary, after I did that, said "I've been Scobleized."

And now, are you going to install MAC OS X Tiger for Intel based PCs around Microsoft Campus? Wink

• User profile image
    matt0210

fdezjose wrote:
    scobleizer wrote:It started when I was an employee at San Jose State University. I used to load betas of Macintosh OS 7 on people's machines without their permission. One secretary, after I did that, said "I've been Scobleized."

And now, are you going to install MAC OS X Tiger for Intel based PCs around Microsoft Campus? Wink

Not yet, but very, very soon! Smiley

• User profile image
    Neotom II

scobleizer wrote:
    People today say they've been Scobleized when I meet them, link to them, talk about them, or punch them in the nose. Oh, haven't done that yet. Smiley

Slightly off topic, but I always thought Reggie Fils-Aime should go up to some top Sony exec at the next E3 and totally punch him in the face.

• User profile image
    footballism

NeoTOM and Neotom II
    We've got tow NeoToms, interesting:)

• User profile image
    Neotom II

footballism wrote:
    NeoTOM and Neotom II
    We've got tow NeoToms, interesting:)
    Read the thread I posted.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.