Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Jim Allchin Rocks!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    scobleizer

Heh, remember the Jim Allchin interview where he told us he played guitar? Well, he sent over a couple of samples. They are WMA format, recorded at a fairly low sample rate (48khz). Enjoy! He's pretty good. Recorded on a Windows XP machine, of course.

Clip One: Roadhouse. 1.30 MB
    Clip Two: Latin Star. 415 KB

• User profile image
    eagle

Hey, he's really good!

Jim should have played at the WinHEC party or at the Jam Sessions at TechEd, maybe he'll rock the PDC!

• User profile image
    Sabot

Not 3 bad!

Jim could give up the day job with those dirty riffs!

(shhh Dave we don't want him to do that - Scoble)

• User profile image
    TDavid

Not bad at all Smiley Like the slowdown section in Roadhouse and then the kick back to jamming again.

• User profile image
    markwan

Do you know if he can read normal music charts?  If he does I can hook him up with the folks here up the I5 and BC99 for some work... Smiley

I suppose he did the composition and arrangement as well.

A video visit to his music studio would be cool.  If you can promise a live jam session at PDC I am registering right now!  Smiley

Mark

• User profile image
    rhm

That really whips the llama's *!

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

I like "Latin Star" Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

sounds great!

is that the Santana guitar?

• User profile image
    Erisan

I can't listen wma-format. Can you convert it to OGG Vorbis so everyone can listen them.. ?

• User profile image
    fdezjose

It's really nice! Will it become longhorn's new star up melody?

• User profile image
    moofish

If I told him I liked it, and made it sound sincere. Do you think he'd spill on Longhorn?

• User profile image
    accelerator

I'd like to listen to this, but I lost sound on Windows Media Player v10.00.00.3802, either when I installed iTunes or upgraded to XP SP2.  Other apps play music ok.  Has anyone has got any pointers as to what I could try? 

Sound Card is SoundMax Digital Audio v5.10
    Motherboard is Asus K8VSE
    Win XP2 patched yesterday

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

fdezjose wrote:
    It's really nice! Will it become longhorn's new star up melody?

I was going to ask the same question myself, although it would be a very, very, very long start up sound.

Did Jim do the Startup sound for Windows 98? Smiley

• User profile image
    sc00ter

wow.. thats my kind of music.. i love it.  where can we get more of this?  Smiley

• User profile image
    ChrisChance

Wow, seriously maybe there should be an alchin theme for longhorn Smiley He rockin ... but as a microsoft exec couldn't he have done wmv lossless Sad

"I can't listen wma-format. Can you convert it to OGG Vorbis so everyone can listen them.. ?"-----

Since when is ogg vorbis the format "everyone can listen to" I mean really, i don't have an ogg vorbis codec installed, last i knew the only fully supported universal format is mp3 Tongue Out

• User profile image
    NetRyder

Very cool! =)

• User profile image
    iStation

Super cool!
    Big Smile ♪♫

• User profile image
    Chris123NT

Wow hes really good, awesome stuff Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.