Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MSN Spaces doesn't allow anonymous comments?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    geekling

I just recently started to use my Spaces account again, and I noticed that it does not allow for anonymous comments.

Why not? ;(

• User profile image
    geekling

Wow, Spaces also mutilates uploaded images to be blurry as hell. Wink

• User profile image
    geekling

Also, I've noticed that the "Archive" module will list every month between blog start, even if there hasn't been a post in one of those months. That's bad UI.

I seem to be remembering why I haven't used my Spaces account in awhile.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Anon comments can be a PITA.  My blogger account has anon comments, and sometimes a jerk posts something stupid.
    I'm ok with them, but I'd like IP numbers...

• User profile image
    geekling

Well, I want them - a lot of people I know don't have .NET passports and have no plans to get them. I know the feeling - I have too many usernames/logins already, and its typical behavior of me to just avoid going somewhere that requires a new a login system unless its *very* special or *very* important.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

If you want anonymous comments, non-blurred uploaded photos, and the rest... then get a real blog Wink

• User profile image
    geekling

I'm not interesting in hosting my own server, thanks. Wink

• User profile image
    W3bbo

geekling wrote:
    I'm not interesting in hosting my own server, thanks.

Then go with Blogger or some other more reputable (and less consumer-orientated) blogging solution.

• User profile image
    geekling

You know what?

Thanks!

It looks like Blogger.com has improved quite a bit since I last looked at it. Wink

Oh, and, ironically? My Spaces account just got its first blog-spam comment from a blog used to advertise pr0n on Spaces. Haha.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.