Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Nicknames

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Does anybody here use a nickname when they're online, like on IRC, on forums or on Messenger? What's your nickname, how did you get it, do you still use it and why (not)?

Nowadays, I don't use a nickname anymore. I used to be called Floppy in college, because of my programming skills and because it sounds like Tommy. Before that, I was called Spocky, because my right ear has a little sharp tip, like Spock from Star Trek.

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Here on C9 I use my real name, Tomas Deml, but my nickname is "Virtuoso". It comes from an episode of Star Trek: Voyager (ep. Virtuoso). I like it, it characterizes myself a bit in the real life...Smiley

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I used to go by Lt. Tuvok when I was posting on the Elite Force message boards back before it was released. That's the only nickname I've gone by, and haven't used it since then. It only seemed logical to use it there, but no where else.

• User profile image
    Steve411

I use Steve since it's my real name. The 411 is there to show that I'm quick to solving a problem. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

I use Gafoon, because that's the name of a D&D character I played back in college.  It's also the name of my first Asheron's Call character.

I also use a different name on /..  But I'm not telling that one.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

LarryOsterman wrote:
    I use Gafoon, because that's the name of a D&D character I played back in college.  It's also the name of my first Asheron's Call character.

I also use a different name on /..  But I'm not telling that one.

Tell me it isn't Commander Taco...

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Haha "Commander Taco"... Anyone care to explain why this commander taco person is bad? I like Tacos... Doesn't that make them a good person by default? Wink
    Here comes my reason for "Loadsgood" I've only ever used it so if you find someone with the name "loadsgood" it is mostlikely me, except for over at blogger.com where someone stole the username from me and I had to take loadsgoodc9 Mad

Loadsgood wrote:
    Because it's something I say all the time. You might not know it, but I talk completely different to the way I talk on the net. I use netiquette (I think I spelt it correctly) on the net. But in real life I talk in Aussie slang (doesn't include while I'm at work). All the time I say stuff like: "Oh mate, that's loads good!" "Nothing Suss!" "What? Did you bugger up your car again? Your cars up $#!+ creek in a barb wire canoe. It is. Best get a new one." And the like. So I thought, loads good is somethin I always say, I'll use it.

Loadsgood wrote:

The birth of Loadsgood!
    Loadsgood.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.