Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

We've been slashdotted again

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

It caused c9 to throw some errors earlier. Can asp.net not handle a /.?

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Beer28 wrote:
    "Because we're Unix zealots dumb a$$. Get with the program. "

Exactly.

• User profile image
    IRenderable

I really hate Slashdot. It's a bunch of zealots who find everything Microsoft awful, usually there arguments are ill informed. Every once and awhile I see something intreseting but the magority of the time it is an annoying bunch of people.

• User profile image
    Steve411

SlashDot wrote:

"The most embarassing comment came from a developer of the GRUB project who went only by the name of 'Gord'. 'This function is truly horrid,' he wrote. 'We try opening the device, then severely abuse the GEOMETRY->flags field to pass a file descriptor to biosdisk. Thank God nobody's looking at this comment, or my reputation would be ruined.'"

haha! I love that!

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

IRenderable wrote:
    I really hate Slashdot. It's a bunch of zealots who find everything Microsoft awful, usually there arguments are ill informed. Every once and awhile I see something intreseting but the magority of the time it is an annoying bunch of people.

I intensely dislike Slashdot for the same reasons, but also for the editors, who are anything but competent.  Also, they often drag up old news, or things that aren't news at all.
    I stopped reading Slashdot a long time ago, and I found that I didn't miss it.

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Is anybody able to read that bunch of comments /. "readers" produce?
    I'm not + I dislike that mighty /. (for Linux zealots only)

• User profile image
    billh

I always like the ad placement over there.  Right below the headline of the article you referred to, there is an ad for "Visual Studio Beta 2".

• User profile image
    W3bbo

My experience of SlashDot has been a bit love/hate. But I've noticed that the Score 4/5 comments are pretty well-balanced and thought-out. "Ask Slashdot" is a pretty cool resource as well.

• User profile image
    Neotom II

FARK: At least we're not Slashdot. ...Yet. /needs to renew his TotalFark subscription soon

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Agreed, Fark is the shiz-night!

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Let's be thankful that the Channel 9 wiki forces you to create an account before letting you edit - when the story of the Los Angeles Times' wiki experiment was posted to slashdot, it only lasted a few hours before being shut down due to repeated posting of obscene pictures...  http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/21/business/media/21paper.html

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.