Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Simon sez... Hi!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ingenious

Several times have I been redirected to this site these days... Casting a glance and clicking the magix X button in a few seconds. But last night I considered that it just could not be a coincidence. So I had a look around. And I was pretty charmed. Very interesting stuff here. Never imagined that "MS guys" would be so funny Smiley And you are. So I decided to register for your "Witness protection program". Smiley

I'm from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Just graduating Computer Science. And I'm looking for some nice e-people. Wink

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Welcome to the club. Don't let some of the, shall we say, less tactful posters scare you of, overall we're all pretty nice guys. Smiley

• User profile image
    lars

Welcome to Channel 9!

• User profile image
    ingenious

Thanks everybody!

Just a little question: I checked this topic to watch it but no email notifications came when you replied. What do I have to do to receive emails when a topic I'm watching is changed?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ingenious wrote:
    What do I have to do to receive emails when a topic I'm watching is changed?

I don't think you can actually....

But Steve411 wrote a cool app that monitors the messageboards for new topics and replies (look for it in the sandbox)

• User profile image
    Steve411

Welcome to Channel9, ingenious. Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

Hey fellow European!

Welcome to C9!

Now the secret of C9 is ... get involved! ... and thats it.

No question is stupid ... but ... you may not like some of the answers you get.

... oh and Beer28 ... well he posts are always long, so read them with coffee.

W3bbo is really a Hippy-ish (now he's suffering from hair-loss) ... his posts are always out there.

Eagle uses 1 word when 9 will do.

Jamie ... is barking!

Steve411 is the dude!

Sven is another dude!

Lars is a bit 'ckicky go boom boom!'

LeighSword has a fantastic photo, she could be a model ... but we are pretty sure shes a true geek, shes well into C++ and the MFC in a BIG way.

The Microsoft guys are pretty cool ... but they lurk.

Another tip is ... don't mention Mary Jo, shes a bit pervie with her Spanking thing going on ... and it just makes ManicKernel blush. Personally after all that I unsubscribed ... Microsoft 'kiss-butt' me? I have a Linux box! (Admittedly it's running Battlefield Vietnam server)

• User profile image
    Steve411

Simon says.. Jump on your toes, dance like a balerina, stick an apple in your mouth touch your nose with your right hand scratch your head with your left..
    ok stop
    HAHA SIMON DIDNT SAY STOP!
    You're outta here!
    - Steve

• User profile image
    Shaded

ingenious wrote:
    Several times have I been redirected to this site these days... Casting a glance and clicking the magix X button in a few seconds. But last night I considered that it just could not be a coincidence. So I had a look around. And I was pretty charmed. Very interesting stuff here. Never imagined that "MS guys" would be so funny  And you are. So I decided to register for your "Witness protection program".

I'm from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Just graduating Computer Science. And I'm looking for some nice e-people.

Hey have you seen my robe and and stuff from the golden spur?

Some years back someone got my Credit Card number and sent a few Victoria Secret orders and some boots to Bulgaria.

... No?  You havn't seen them?

Ohwell it was worth a try.  Welcome to Channel 9 and uh... avoid the onion dip, its been here awhile.

Scoble!  When are we getting this stuff replaced?  We're running low on party hats too.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Haha your not Simon, your Steve Wink

Welcome to Channel9 - The best Channel on the internet Channel '9'. I'm glad to see you've gotten rid of the habit of clicking the evil X button while you are staying in Channel9. Oh and two warnings, don't post in capital letters and don't ask how Beer28 feels about Microsoft on this forum Smiley (That should keep us safe and happy! (I wish))Wink

I'm glad to see more people join especially after the nuclear flame bomb that hit us last year... Anyway, enough of the bad times. Lets keep on "partying down" and have fun Smiley

EDIT: Thank the heavens for Charles! The best 9Teamer ever! He finally fixed the bug in the "Active" tab on the front page Big Smile (Sorry if it wasn't Charles but for now he is the only bug fixer on C9 that I know about. If nobody fixed it and the system fixed itself then thankyou Charles anyway Smiley)

Doesn't everyone just hate software bugs as much as I do?
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    ingenious

Shaded wrote:

Hey have you seen my robe and and stuff from the golden spur?

Some years back someone got my Credit Card number and sent a few Victoria Secret orders and some boots to Bulgaria.

... No?  You havn't seen them?

OK, let me have a look at my records... Nope, not one of the 10,000 CC numbers here got your name on it, sorry Smiley I'll ask some friends though Tongue Out

Yey, and thanks for the hearty welcome, guys! Thanks for the advices, I'll try to watch my steps Wink

BUT I'M REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT Beer28 THINKS ABOUT MICROSOFT Smiley)

Cheers!

• User profile image
    Steve411

ingenious wrote:

BUT I'M REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT Beer28 THINKS ABOUT MICROSOFT )

Cheers!

Oh oh! Royal Rumble straight out!

• User profile image
    ingenious

OK, so what is the best way to track what's going on in the forums? Except the RSS feeds. Somebody said something about a prog that can do it. Is this NinerStat? If is, where can I dowload it from? 'Cause I couldn't find it on http://steve.xblogfiles.com/Channel9/

• User profile image
    Steve411

ingenious wrote:
    OK, so what is the best way to track what's going on in the forums? Except the RSS feeds. Somebody said something about a prog that can do it. Is this NinerStat? If is, where can I dowload it from? 'Cause I couldn't find it on http://steve.xblogfiles.com/Channel9/

Yeah, sorry about that. I took it off since I have a new version coming out for your guys. It's hella tight! Till then [about two-three more days] you can use RssGator or something like that.

• User profile image
    ingenious

Steve411 wrote:
    Yeah, sorry about that. I took it off since I have a new version coming out for your guys. It's hella tight! Till then [about two-three more days] you can use RssGator or something like that.

OK, but will this RssGator show when there is a new reply in a topic? 'Cause the standard RSS aggregators don't.

• User profile image
    Steve411

ingenious wrote:
    Steve411 wrote: Yeah, sorry about that. I took it off since I have a new version coming out for your guys. It's hella tight! Till then [about two-three more days] you can use RssGator or something like that.

OK, but will this RssGator show when there is a new reply in a topic? 'Cause the standard RSS aggregators don't.

Trully, I have NO idea if it can do that. But I hear that it is very good

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.