Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

n no days Trial Version for the Product

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manojT

Hi Everybody,

I want to Create the Trial Version for our product can anybody suggest me the concept which should be secured enough.

Waiting for the answers.

Regards,
    Manoj Talreja

• User profile image
    leighsword

manojT wrote:
    Hi Everybody,

I want to Create the Trial Version for our product can anybody suggest me the concept which should be secured enough.

Waiting for the answers.

Regards,
    Manoj Talreja

to validate the server date when they connecting to internet, and delete or damage the client application if the version is out of date.

important thing is never use the managed code, it's easy to decompile.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Beer28 wrote:
    There was a scoble video on the C9 home page about a new Visual Studio solution that lets your installer auto-verify against an asp SQL database(optionally on your own server) via http and charge people via paypal securely from the application installer, but like so much on the internet, esp around here, it mysteriously vanished into vapor bits. I think it was due out in July or something and I think it was free if I remember correctly.

Oh, had I access to the orcsweb servers, I'd be in there with knoppix and my trusty dd bash command grabbing the raw bits out and bringing it back for the poster, but what can you do?

You could go here and download it?

To a degree though Beer is right. There I said it, OK? Anyway, a link to these on the front page of the PDC page would be a good thing - as it stands you have to go searching for them. Its easier to get the blog flair than the kits. I think I will refrain from further comment on the significance of that.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.