Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel9 Copyright

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

'lo

Just wondering what the copyright status is on Channel9's UI, Artwork, and "The 9Guy"

...for instance, would it be permissable to create a theme for another website in order to make it look like Channel9, but provided all credit to Microsoft Corp. (Or whoever made it, was it you Charles?)

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Well, I asked the same question a couple of months ago, and got permission to use the style for my blog...
    But as I understood it, it was no official permission, rather a "personal" permission by charles.

So, it would be very interesting to know about the copyright status of the graphics... I.e. for use on t-shirts, etc...

• User profile image
    Steve411

Stitch 2.0 wrote:
    Well, I asked the same question a couple of months ago, and got permission to use the style for my blog...
    But as I understood it, it was no official permission, rather a "personal" permission by charles.

So, it would be very interesting to know about the copyright status of the graphics... I.e. for use on t-shirts, etc...

Make your template work in IE, please. Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

ahhh css for layout ... WHY am i suppose to like this again?

perfect example is blog above
     * http://www.adminhell.de/blog/
    ( no offence stitch)

floating layouts i will never like - as they break like this often. One user adds a photo in a post - bam - all center content is at bottom of page

tables rule Wink

ps - isnt this all fixed in next version of css? ..is it ver 3.  I hope it is. will IE7 support the upcoming spec?

• User profile image
    Charles

David Shadle made the design layout and all graphics for cg. Me and Bryn it. c built Microsoft owns it.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Actually I gotta admit, I don't know what you mean.....
    Here's a screenshot of it, the way it displays in my IE:

Looks fine too me.....

• User profile image
    Steve411

Lookie.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:
    David Shadle made the design layout and all graphics for cg. Me and Bryn it. c built Microsoft owns it.

So I should send an email to dshable[at]microsoft[dot]com then?

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Steve411 wrote:
    Lookie.

That's weird.....
    What's your resolution?
    Which IE version?
    (If you don't mind Wink )

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I'm seeing this too. This page has some weird bugs at smaller browser widths, not just in IE but in Firefox too.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

There's always my take on the C9 markup which is much cleaner and leaner.

</plug>

...Although that isn't the site I'm seeking copyright permission for.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Well, maybe I need to work this over Wink

But I'm currently migrating to another blogging software and need to transfer the design anyway.....

So, stay tuned for a fixed version pretty soon (hopefully) Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

W3bbo wrote:
    Charles wrote: David Shadle made the design layout and all graphics for cg. Me and Bryn it. c built Microsoft owns it.

So I should send an email to dshable[at]microsoft[dot]com then?

Microsoft owns C9... Do whatever you want. Just don't claim to be Channel 9 otherwise we will come calling.

C

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:
    Microsoft owns C9... Do whatever you want. Just don't claim to be Channel 9 otherwise we will come calling.

Wow, thanks Smiley

(Usually you expect Microsoft to be a bit more stringent on people's use of their intellectual property Wink )

So I'll add this to the list of site themes (in my site engine) then?

Title: "Channel9"
    Author: "David Shable / Microsoft"

• User profile image
    Charles

W3bbo wrote:
    Charles wrote: Microsoft owns C9... Do whatever you want. Just don't claim to be Channel 9 otherwise we will come calling.

Wow, thanks

(Usually you expect Microsoft to be a bit more stringent on people's use of their intellectual property )

So I'll add this to the list of site themes (in my site engine) then?

Title: "Channel9"
    Author: "David Shable / Microsoft"

Would be more accurate to put:

Title: "Channel9.msdn.com"
    Author: "Waibel Torre Shadle, Microsoft Corporation, All rights reserved."

Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.