Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

LoadsGood's been pushing me

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

Over the past few months [since the last "release" of NinerAlert] LoadsGood and I have been working on something way better for you guys, because you deserve it. We wanted to make this perfect for Scoble so that he could dump his other RSS Readers and experience the true power of the web and .NET. Smiley We have a little app [few megs] called "NinerStat". It comes complete with the ability to Subscribe to feeds, sort into groups, keep track of favorite posters, add custom feeds for future use, export and even reply to topics on the forum in question. Among a whole bunch others.

You might of seen screens of the app in a few threads around here, and that's because LoadsGood and I decided to start leaking and try to get you to ponder on what it was. Wink. If you're interesting in getting this app keep reading, I'll have it in about three days, I still have to get the PersonalFeed finished. Currently working on the user32.dll part of it.. [Yuck!].

Anyway, in NinerStat you will see a signification difference between it and NinerAlert, both the Windows Version and the Linux Version. [Which the Linux Version ROCKED!, of course!. Wink] Here are a few things we've added for you guys. Hopefully the first thing you notice is the UI. We've spent a great deal of time to perfect it for the eyes and I'm glad to say.. We love it! We hope you do as well.

We have added Group Sorting, "Right Click - > Assign to Group" or "Right Click - > New Group" for instant loading... There is also a properties dialog with a bunch of shizzle info on it. I've re-re-written the RSS Reader class from the top now and a bunch of stuff added there as well. Custom item sorting, item browsing, removing.. etc. The feed tracking now works, thank God. That was one big pain the butt. You'll receive updates in a nardly little outlook-like notification dialog, which I thought was a pretty cool control so I decided to re-create it. Hopefully you enjoy Auto Grouping, it's my favorite feature! Advanced RSS Reading Options are the easiest thing to get a hold of in there, and they're freaking sweet too!

We actually had a zoom-factor control for the HTML browser but that didn't work out too well, the browser kept crashing. Jamie, though, was in on this as well. He did our graphics for an internal version we had about two months ago. Yes, it sucked. [I am going to re-create it and name it "NinerStat Light", for you not-so-ram-giving-people. Wink].

This baby comes complete with its own framework, which, of course, with the GNU license you can use in your own software, just as long as you keep my license intact as well. We also had NinerPhoto, a sweet addin for NinerStat that enhanced Sven Groot's Avatar Creator application. [Contact me and I'll send you the source, Sven.] It was ment to be bundeled with NinerStat as a Big-Solution type thing for Channel9, but now has grown much more complex with LoadsGoods freaky...err. I mean, really cool requests! Wink

If you want more screenies reply back here, I need to go and take a few then.

ps. Expect this baby in the SandBox this week most likely.
    Mommy, when am I going to be a C# gury?. Sad
    Steve.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Update:

Remember this? Image enclousers are now supported in alerts.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Steve411 wrote:
    Mommy, when am I going to be a C# gury?.

First you should learn to spell it. Tongue Out

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing this in action.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Sven Groot wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:Mommy, when am I going to be a C# gury?.

First you should learn to spell it.

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing this in action.

Forgive me, I stayed up tonight. Oh, and here you go.

• User profile image
    Charles

Looking forward to using this! €0.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Great! Exactly the kind of inspiration I need! Smiley I'm giving user enclousers a shot.

case "enclosure":
    {
    rssFeed.UserImage = Image.FromFile(channelXmlNode.ChildNodes[i].FirstChild.InnerText);

}

• User profile image
    rhm

What toolbars are you using to get the Office 2003 look?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

rhm wrote:
    What toolbars are you using to get the Office 2003 look?

I suspect he's using .Net 2.0.

• User profile image
    rhm

I was wondering about that. I tried out the toolbars that come with VS2005 beta 2 but I couldn't get them to work like Office 2003. They look like office 2003 but they can't be dragged into their own floating window, they don't have the little drop-down on the right for customization or indeed any end-user configurability at all as far as I can tell.

Luckily there are plenty of ISVs that still offer good toolbar controls but I've emailed one already and they said they're not developing their toolbar component any more because there are 'office' toolbars in VS2005, but that functionality seems to have been a bit overpromoted as far as I can tell.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Sven Groot wrote:
    rhm wrote: What toolbars are you using to get the Office 2003 look?

I suspect he's using .Net 2.0.

Wrong. I'm using the SandBar control component for .NET 1.1. Smiley This is not 2.0. I did a lot of editing on them and re-designing to make it work just right.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Woah buddy, now your pushing me Expressionless Your threating a release on me and I haven't even gave it a look down. That's it I'm pausing this download so I can get on WinMess and grab myself a copy of the latest build. You've added all these features behind my back during the Elwoh incident and the haven! Wink

I better get popping, we have a product to release!

Hurry hurry hurry rush rush rush.
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Loadsgood wrote:
    Woah buddy, now your pushing me Your threating a release on me and I haven't even gave it a look down. That's it I'm pausing this download so I can get on WinMess and grab myself a copy of the latest build. You've added all these features behind my back during the Elwoh incident and the haven!

I better get popping, we have a product to release!

Hurry hurry hurry rush rush rush.
    Loadsgood.

Before, during and after the elwoh "incident". Wink

• User profile image
    Steve411

Update:
     LoadsGood has the release. Expect a few screenshots from me and LoadsGood soon. HUNT THOSE BUGS!

• User profile image
    Steve411

I'll be writing this for Mono as well. For you Linux guys since I will soon be a Fedora Core user. Hopefully, then, people will realise that it does not matter which OS you use it's the Software that runs on it that matters.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Thanks for the comments, Beer. I'll get a hold of Mono quicker, I hope. I'll keep posting screenies here and LoadsGood hopefully keeps sending bugs back to me.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Reading Scobles Blog. Smiley
    Screenie 1:
    Screenie 2:

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.