Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Anyone a fan of Maddox?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

He's given us a job to do... (check the 2nd to last paragraph)

Who wants to take him up on it? Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.

• User profile image
    jommy

How original Wink

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

OMG, I can't stand this guy. Even when he complained about here. Most of his articles are really annoying and tedious. How can you like this guy when all he does is just complain and having dismal opinions? If he plays Battlefield 2, then I can really kick his (I need to watch my language). Trouble is, he likes old school games and "old school" games on modern consoles. Here is one of the most well known quotes, that shocked the Battlefield (1942, Vietnam etc.) community: "Nobody cares about graphics if the game plays like dog (I need to watch my language). I'm bored to tears with first person shooters. Changing the theme from one time period to another isn't enough anymore, (I need to watch my language)s. Did someone beat you to the punch on that killer WWII shooter you were making? Don't worry, just take the same concept, change a few textures, and call it Battlefield Vietnam. We won't notice. Hell, why not Battlefield Korea?" Clearly, this guy does not know that it will take too long to make a "Battlefield Korea" since that conflict was fought by several nations. Of course, WW2, was fought by lots of nations as well, but they only added notable battles of the war. You can read the full article here. Got replies? Wink

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

OMG, I can't stand this guy. Even when he complained about here. Most of his articles are really annoying and tedious. How can you like this guy when all he does is just complain and having dismal opinions? If he plays Battlefield 2, then I can really kick his (I need to watch my language). Trouble is, he likes old school games and "old school" games on modern consoles.Here is one of the most well known quotes, that shocked the Battlefield (1942, Vietnam etc.) community: "Nobody cares about graphics if the game plays like dog (I need to watch my language). I'm bored to tears with first person shooters. Changing the theme from one time period to another isn't enough anymore, (I need to watch my language)s. Did someone beat you to the punch on that killer WWII shooter you were making? Don't worry, just take the same concept, change a few textures, and call it Battlefield Vietnam. We won't notice. Hell, why not Battlefield Korea?" Clearly, this guy does not know that it will take too long to make a "Battlefield Korea" since that conflict was fought by several nations. Of course, WW2, was fought by lots of nations as well, but they only added notable battles of the war.> You can read the full article here.Got replies? Wink

• User profile image
    Tensor

The article wrote:
    Is it too much to ask that the game industry makes a game with pirates in it that doesn't suck?

Errr Sid Meiers Pirates!

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

Exactly. Why don't you email him, and say that?

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Er....I played pirates and found the formal dancing to be a bit much. 

Of course, I never unlocked the "knockin' boots" cheat code, either.

• User profile image
    blowdart

ScanIAm wrote:
    Er....I played pirates and found the formal dancing to be a bit much. 

Of course, I never unlocked the "knockin' boots" cheat code, either.

Only the dancing? I found the whole thing boring.

Now Tropico on the other hand ...

• User profile image
    Tensor

I'm talking the original, 1987 version here. None of this modern 3d rubbish.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=2346

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.