Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Why doesn't C9 support browsers that aren't IE6?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    thepuffin

I mean, it's hardly rocket science to have a parser for UBB code, is it?

• User profile image
    thepuffin

thepuffin wrote:

• User profile image
    thepuffin

thepuffin wrote:
    thepuffin said:
    See what I mean?

• User profile image
    Manip

What does IE6 have to do with UBB code? A lot of browsers and a few operating systems support the rich text format and controls.. Firefox works on a number of platforms to allow people to post to this site in any format they want. And further more the rich text format and HTML formatting allows far greater freedom than the UBB code ever will.

• User profile image
    thepuffin

You tell me! Using Opera I get a plain textarea that I can type UBB code into and the forum completely ignores (along wih line breaks, the automatically generated [quote user=""] and anything else that isn't text).

• User profile image
    Tensor

It works on firefox, so by "browsers that aren't IE6" do you in fact mean "my browser"?

• User profile image
    thepuffin

Ok, so FireFox gets a POINTLESS rich text box too.

So shoot me.

The question still stands - why doesn't the non-rich text input boxes work?

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Since it's hardly rocket science, I'm sure that Charles would appreciate your detailed bug reports and help in making it work... Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

jonathanh wrote:
    Since it's hardly rocket science, I'm sure that Charles would appreciate your detailed bug reports and help in making it work...

Can it wait a few more weeks? I'm about 25% done with this. (I'm actually building one from scratch though)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.