Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Yahoo Browser Toobar will have Anti-Spyware feature

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BruceLee

According to the article from Reuters, Yahoo adds Anti-Spyware feature to it's browser toolbar. I think this is a good idea because many people hate spyware but they don't know how to stop those spywares. I think Yahoo is doint the right thing. Plus the new Yahoo messenger version 6, they are working really hard now. Wink

• User profile image
    eagle

I have WindowsXP SP2 installed and it has been very good at stopping the adware and spyware.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

BruceLee wrote:
    According to the article from Reuters, Yahoo adds Anti-Spyware feature to it's browser toolbar. I think this is a good idea because many people hate spyware but they don't know how to stop those spywares. I think Yahoo is doint the right thing. Plus the new Yahoo messenger version 6, they are working really hard now. Wink

I'll stick with MSN Messenger 6. Smiley

• User profile image
    BruceLee

eagle wrote:
    I have WindowsXP SP2 installed and it has been very good at stopping the adware and spyware.

I know SP2 has pop-up and add-on manager but I didn't know it has anti-adware/apyware feature. I will try the SP2 later.

• User profile image
    eagle

SP2 has a good Firewall. Before I installed SP2 I ran Spybot and Adaware every few days and they found lots of stuff, now they hardly find anything. In time the spyware bots will find a way around the SP2 Firewall, but for now it's working well.

• User profile image
    jamie

<Bruce Willis>
    Bzzt - wrong answer Hans
    </Bruce Willis>

SP2 does nothing to stop spyware
    It allows malware, dataminers, tracking bots and changing of toolbars in IE ( mysearch/isearch etc) as described here:
    http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8639#8639

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.