Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Where do you host?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BanjoFrog

Just curious... where do all you folks host your personal ASP.NET/SQL Server websites?  I'm looking for an affordable place to host a personal site, and it seems like you basically have to pay through the nose to get both ASP.NET and SQL features.  Got any suggestions?

• User profile image
    spiderLab

Heard a lot of good stuff about http://www.brinkster.com/

Spider

• User profile image
    JasonBunting

I have used Brinkster for a number of years, they are decent. Also, WebHost4Life has been good to me for the last year, and I think I would use them over Brinkster now . . .

HTH

• User profile image
    tLat

Brinkster seems to be down. WH4Life looks like a good option.

tLat

• User profile image
    frankarr
  • User profile image
    bitmask

I'm using http://discountasp.net and have been happy with them. Good quality, good service, and I can do most of what I need through the admin tools without going through support.  

• User profile image
    Steven J Ackerman
  • User profile image
    Knute

Brinkster used to suck, but it's getting better.

~ Knute

• User profile image
    BanjoFrog

Thanks for all the replies.  I've been using HalfPriceHosting, but after checking out everyone's suggestions, I'm ready to switch ASAP.

Just curious - folks who didn't like Brinkster - what were your issues with their service?  Have they been addressed?

• User profile image
    process_this

Another good one is Crown Hosting

• User profile image
    Steve411

BanjoFrog wrote:
    Just curious... where do all you folks host your personal ASP.NET/SQL Server websites?  I'm looking for an affordable place to host a personal site, and it seems like you basically have to pay through the nose to get both ASP.NET and SQL features.  Got any suggestions?

LYCOS

It is crap, if any one of you wanna' create a sub-domain for me to use that would be great . Wink I'am serious.. '_'

• User profile image
    FrankCarr

I'm using both Brinkster and Lycos. I've had a Brinkster site for a while but they had some restrictions, even on pay accounts, that I didn't like so I started the Lycos account and bought a domain name there. Lo and behold, a few weeks after I did this Brinkster took off the file type restrictions I had a problem with on pay accounts and added some other features. So now I'm running two sites. I'll eventually consolidate them, probably on Brinkster.

Brinkster has some good deals when it comes to ASP/ASP.NET and database hosting. I wouldn't use them for a high capacity e-commerce site or anything like that but they're not bad as a personal site location where you want to have the MS tools available to you. Lycos isn't bad either but there you don't have the MS environment available to you.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.