Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

BTW what is a "working stiff"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manuj

Some of the profiles of people say "working stiff" located at blah blah blah location....

Is it a typo? May be it means these people are "working staff" members of MS.

• User profile image
    renel

Quite a long way between A and I.... Wink

• User profile image
    machocomacho

Dude.. a working stiff is just a regular person with job, it is just a fill-in until you change your profile yourself.

• User profile image
    James Steele

Oh man. Too funny!

Hey manuj, maybe a combination of the two was what they intended. (Working Stiff MS staff member located at....) 

Kidding of course.

• User profile image
    vanlandw

i cannot WAIT to be a working stiff!!!!

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Stuart Celarier

Stiff is slang for a body, often an anonymous or interchangable functionary. Originally (?) stiff referred to a corpse, as in rigor mortis. A rough translation of 'working stiff' might be 'just another worker'. Also see 'worker bee' or 'drone'.

• User profile image
    manuj

Same here Smiley

At first I thought the term was inspired from the movie "American Pie" - they have a funny character who calls himself "Stiff Master". I wonder whether most MS employee resemble even remotely...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.