Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

BTW what is a "working stiff"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manuj

Some of the profiles of people say "working stiff" located at blah blah blah location....

Is it a typo? May be it means these people are "working staff" members of MS.

• User profile image
    renel

Quite a long way between A and I.... Wink

• User profile image
    machocomacho

Dude.. a working stiff is just a regular person with job, it is just a fill-in until you change your profile yourself.

• User profile image
    James Steele

Oh man. Too funny!

Hey manuj, maybe a combination of the two was what they intended. (Working Stiff MS staff member located at....) 

Kidding of course.

• User profile image
    vanlandw

i cannot WAIT to be a working stiff!!!!

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Stuart Celarier

Stiff is slang for a body, often an anonymous or interchangable functionary. Originally (?) stiff referred to a corpse, as in rigor mortis. A rough translation of 'working stiff' might be 'just another worker'. Also see 'worker bee' or 'drone'.

• User profile image
    manuj

Same here Smiley

At first I thought the term was inspired from the movie "American Pie" - they have a funny character who calls himself "Stiff Master". I wonder whether most MS employee resemble even remotely...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.