Coffeehouse Thread

101 posts

LH Invites

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lambera

Any non MSFT people on here get there invite today? Well what a swell way to end the day. Thanks to WR.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

You got a Longhorn invite? From Microsoft Beta or another source? Please elaborate on this, and tell me where my invite is? Tongue Out

Edit: Do you heave a BetaID for Microsoft Beta???

• User profile image
    bsilby

I'd like a Longhorn invite. How would I go about getting one?

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

If you sign up for Microsoft Beta, you can specify that you'd like to Beta test Longhorn, but that doesn't guarantee you an invite. As far as I know, other than this post, no invites have been handed out as of yet.

• User profile image
    Steve411

See ya at the testers table. Tongue Out
    edit: LH, here I come with my horns.

Steve.

• User profile image
    NetRyder

Lambera wrote:
    Any non MSFT people on here get there invite today? Well what a swell way to end the day. Thanks to WR.

Yeah, received my invitation this evening. Signed up and ready to roll... =)

• User profile image
    fdezjose

I haven't recive one yet, after all I've done for MS, why do you do that to me? Wink

• User profile image
    eddwo

Didn't get one either, at least not yet. Guess I didn't give enough feedback during the Microsoft Update beta, but there was so little wrong with it there wasn't much to report. I reported a great one during XP SP2 though. IE7 and Longhorn Beta 2 are going to be public betas, so it won't be too long to wait even if you are not part of the "club"

• User profile image
    Steve411

Sad to say I reported tons of bugs for the Server R2 release.. No invite yet.. Sad

I hate you.
    Steve.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

No invite here yet, but I got my invite for R2 well after I read about everyone else getting theirs too, so I'm not worried yet. I have been rather inactive on R2 though, although I have it installed I've had very little real opportunity to test it. Client OSs are much simpler to test; simply install them and do what I do day-to-day already gives the thing a good shakedown considering my usual usage patterns, so bring on the Longhorn invite, I'd say! Smiley

• User profile image
    Stebet

Sven Groot wrote:
    No invite here yet, but I got my invite for R2 well after I read about everyone else getting theirs too, so I'm not worried yet. I have been rather inactive on R2 though, although I have it installed I've had very little real opportunity to test it. Client OSs are much simpler to test; simply install them and do what I do day-to-day already gives the thing a good shakedown considering my usual usage patterns, so bring on the Longhorn invite, I'd say!

I'm pretty much in the same position. I beta'd SP2, returned a few bugs there, but haven't done much for R2 (it being a server OS and all Perplexed). Still hoping an invite might find it's way to my inbox soon Smiley

P.S.
    Some people might be interested in checking out Neowin. A few screenies seem to be popping up :O

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Haven't got an invite either. And I performed so well on the Office 2003 beta. :/

--edit: They're using unique guest IDs now. Ah well... Sad

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

"gcnaddict writes "Microsoft has officially sent invitations to their best beta testers and to WinHEC participants for their Windows Code Name Longhorn beta program. They also unveiled a new Beta Client which promises to be better than the current beta management systems, and will replace other means of beta distribution, including WindowsBeta and BetaPlace all in one fell swoop. While the new, highly anticipated operating system is not up for download, Beta 1 is expected to be up for grabs later this month. Unfortunately, it seems that the preliminary invitation codes are unique per user. Microsoft is expected to allow the public to apply for the beta program later this summer, and as usual, Longhorn will be a part of the Community Technology Preview program."

Hey C9ers , don't you all think we should be there ?
    I'm enrolled in R2 and MMC beta's and no invite for me yet(I know that don't guarentee anything), would be nice to beta test longhorn now as I'm cooking some avalon aps with the lastest CTP, I'm also a member of MS Academic .NET cells and we are doing some nice C# and Asp.net things over here in Brazil. I guess it would be nice to have other countries dev's helping beta test longhorn *cough cough*

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

I did not get an invite either, but I'm still hoping. Smiley

Yes, I "was" in the Server R2 Beta 1 and 2 but got kicked out. Don't know why, but I participated in the groups and even submitted usability feedbacks. I'm still able to access content from the beta place site though.

Anyway, its Microsofts product and their decision if they want me in or not. For those who got in, congratulations and I wish you all the best. Put in lots of hardwork and help to make Windows Longhorn, the best Windows to date.

For those who are in the Longhorn Beta, I have Word document with a list of 160 bugs and feature request for both Longhorn & Office 12, if you would like a copy please e-mail me.

Smiley

• User profile image
    intelman

Were they really sent out, rumor is people are getting access to http://connect.microsoft.com

I would love to get an invite, because XP for 4 years has gotten kind of boring. In all likely hood though, I doubt I'll get invited, it's life.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Yeah, I'd like an invite too.  Though, I haven't been a really good beta tester.  Like what was said before, it's harder testing stuff like servers and little utlity apps because you don't really do something like that everyday.

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I was on the R2 team as well and submitted two bugs, but I believe that they were related to the laptop hardware that I was running the OS on. I did run it for long periods of time, but did not find any real bugs as I had no use for the advanced features.

I would love to test Longhorn, especially with my current Avalon/Indigo development projects that I am, and will be, working on. I'm particularly interested in testing the Windows Activation Service. Obviously I can grab the Beta/CTP later on this summer, but I'm rearing to go right now.

• User profile image
    Steve411

mVPstar wrote:
    Yeah, I'd like an invite too.  Though, I haven't been a really good beta tester.  Like what was said before, it's harder testing stuff like servers and little utlity apps because you don't really do something like that everyday.

mVPstar

No, it is not hard. Smiley Servers are amongst the simplest things to test. All you have to do is start messing around, be a normal end user, or even better, act like a retarted server administrator around windows. You'll get a few bugs in no time.Smiley

Steve.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.