Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Games?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BenZila

Sooo, how many of you are avid gameplayers? Maybe we should sort something out, like a channel9 gaming night.

I personally play most games on steam(cs,dod,etc) And I also have a new character on World Of Warcraft.

Anybody else?

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

I enjoy building/designing gameworlds and managing forums/communities attached to them.

Not the games, so much.

• User profile image
    Sampy

I'm quite the WoW player myself. I have a 60 Tauren Shaman on Tichondrius but I've left that server to join some friends on Blackhand. I'm re-leveling a shaman there (Mogoran) and a mage as well (Kanejin).

As we all know, Horde is way better than Alliance.

As far as other games go, I don't play much on PC or XBox nowadays. I'll probably pick up Dungeon Siege II when it hits the company store (I didn't like the first one that much but I have a strange optimism about the sequel). I'm eagerly awaiting the X-men Legends sequel as well as Fable: Lost Chapters for X-Box.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

I'm a demo fiend.  I'm too cheap to buy a bunch of games... not only that but I'd really prefer not to spend too much time gaming my life away.  Right now I'm playing the Battlefield 2 demo.  Nice graphics, and pretty decent gameplay considering the variety of vehicles and weapons.  Oh and playing on a really big map is cool.

• User profile image
    pikatung

I play on Kargath (normal realm) in WoW. My main is "Pikatung," a level 45 priest, and my alt is "Raitung," a level 14 rogue. I am thinking about starting on a pvp server though, any recommendations?

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

Ohh I wish I had WoW, but I will be getting soon I think. I'm playing CSS and BF2 atm. BF2 is great, but really buggy and laggy. That depends what servers you go in.

• User profile image
    Lambera

Guildwars

• User profile image
    Erisan

Nethack
    Enemy Territory
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Mahjongg (GNOME)

I don't play much but those are great fun ..

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Right now I'm still running on my 2 year old GeForce 4 Ti4800SE.... due for an upgrade to a sexeh 6600GT in a few weeks time. But until then, my choice in games hasn't exactly been "cutting edge"

Right now I'm playing:

Quake 2
    Descent ][
    Soldat
    CounterStrike-Source
    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

And occasional bouts of ZDoom.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I don't game much. I think the last new game I've played was Need For Speed Underground 2, and right now I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Myst 5.

I recently discovered Pocket Sarien, which is an AGI emulator for the PocketPC, allowing me to run old Sierra games such as Space Quest 1 and 2, Police Quest 1, King's Quest 1 through 4, Leisure Suit Larry etc. on my PocketPC. That, is just incredibly cool.

• User profile image
    MarekITPro

GTA:SA + Hot Coffee Wink
    Stronghold 2
    Finished Dungeon Lords
    Waiting for anything RPG Coop Multiplayer to come out.

• User profile image
    leighsword

i have played was Chinese Army Chess.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Unreal Tournament 2004 0wnz you all (especially Source).

Edit: Do some of you remember the name of a tank game? By now it's probably more than 12-15 years old. The view was top-down and you had to drive to the enemy base and shoot everything. I always played it in 2 player mode against a friend (on 1 computer).

• User profile image
    bonk

I personally currently prefer (besides bonk's adventure of course) Battlefield 2. Its really fun to play and I like the stronger focus on team play. Too bad that this games needs an ÜberPC to run smooth.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Starcraft!  It just never gets old!  I just wish Battle.net weren't so damm laggy these days... Plus the Korean games always have sucky maps.

• User profile image
    BenZila

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    I enjoy building/designing gameworlds and managing forums/communities attached to them.

Not the games, so much.

Cool so what are you building at the moment, currently i'm waist deep in the source sdk for a project.

----

Sampy, yes you are correct Big Smile Horde do rule. <- LVL 12 Tauren Shammy on Burning Leigion.

---

So if we wanted to organise some kind of channel9 gaming night it would have to be either CS: S, BF2 or UT2K4

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I don't play that much games, but when I do play games, it's usually small, addictive games that you often don't even have to install. I like the games PopCap Games produces < http://www.popcap.com >.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I really don't play much either. Occasionally I will play Empires or CS if some of my friends are online.

I prefer the small addictive games nowadays as well like Katamari. I am actually looking forward to the Revolution so I can download the early Nintendo games since they did not take a week to get started with everything.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.