Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Rename The "longhorn" & 'vista'

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    peterwillcn

Yeah, I was thinking VISA too when I heard the new name.

eg: 'Windows GONE'  or 'Windows XONE'

okay!  .... come on everybody! yeah........... 

• User profile image
    Manip

You are just plain old spamming the forums aren't you? Mad

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

Sounds like Visa? ahaha

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

Zeo wrote: Windows Vista:

short hand= Win VS

WIN Very Secure
    WIN Very Safe
    WIN Very Stylish

Sound good, I think so!

WIN Very Shitty
    WIN Very Stupid
    WIN Very Are We Still Speculating on the name?
    WIN Very Ill Shizzle
                            heha

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

vista =? Volunteers in Service to America

• User profile image
    footballism

Peterwillcn, what do the four Chinese characters in your avatar mean?

• User profile image
    leighsword

peterwillcn wrote:
    Sounds like Visa? ahaha

Visa, sounds better, there is a story.

"Companies such as Sony followed a completely different approach. Created to focus on consumer electronics, the company known as Sony today was founded by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuka as the Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation in 1946. The core business of the company was making tape recorders, which were miniaturized with the advent of solid-state transistors. As soon as the company's products began reaching the European and American markets, the founding team decided to change its name to make it easier to remember by non-Japanese customers.

The company was thus renamed Sony (from the Latin word "sonus," which means sound) in an effort to make its brand easily recognizable. Sony quickly became one of the leading vendors in the consumer electronics arena, especially in the audio and visual areas. Brands like Walkman, Trinitron, and many others are a testament to the impressive product line it assembled. But Sony stood away from the gaming business until the late 1980s when work on the first Sony PlayStation began. The rest is history. Today Sony builds consoles and creates games in many studios worldwide. The PlayStation gaming platform is central to its overall business strategy, which has been successfully expanded outside the consumer electronics division."

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Why does everyone think "VISA" when they hear Vista?

Can someone explain this to me? =/

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

okay....great vista! great .....

• User profile image
    jamie

because when used in a sentence - everyone in can and US knows what Vista is.  But USING it in a sentence.. who does? haha

its the weirdest word to appropriate... i think its a good call

BUT IT IS A WEIRD WORD!! haha

• User profile image
    footballism

peterwillcn wrote:

aha
    The four Chinese characters--- this my real name!
    do you understand? hah  come on...
    footballism come from where ?

okay !

I can't read Zhuanti characters, c'mon, dude, pls don't be so cynical:p

• User profile image
    leighsword

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    Why does everyone think "VISA" when they hear Vista?

Can someone explain this to me? =/

visa(Vi-Sa), most of people who from the thrid world was heard about VISA.
    vista(Vi-S-Ta), 3 syllable, no good.

• User profile image
    footballism

jamie wrote:
    because when used in a sentence - everyone in can and US knows what Vista is.  But USING it in a sentence.. who does? haha

its the weirdest word to appropriate... i think its a good call

BUT IT IS A WEIRD WORD!! haha

Microsoft teaches me another new word(apart from avalon, indigo etc), I will add this word into my vocabulary:p

• User profile image
    Steve411

peterwillcn wrote:
    Zeo wrote: Windows Vista:

short hand= Win VS

WIN Very Secure
    WIN Very Safe
    WIN Very Stylish

Sound good, I think so!

WIN Very Shitty
    WIN Very Stupid
    WIN Very Are We Still Speculating on the name?
    WIN Very Ill Shizzle
                            heha

Where did you quote that from?

• User profile image
    footballism

peterwillcn wrote:
    vista =? Volunteers in Service to America

VISTA actually stands for "Viewing Instantly Security Transactions Automatically "

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

ok!..great vista.....That's all right with me!
    okay!

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

leighsword wrote:
    peterwillcn wrote: Sounds like Visa? ahaha

Visa, sounds better, there is a story.

"Companies such as Sony followed a completely different approach. Created to focus on consumer electronics, the company known as Sony today was founded by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuka as the Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation in 1946. The core business of the company was making tape recorders, which were miniaturized with the advent of solid-state transistors. As soon as the company's products began reaching the European and American markets, the founding team decided to change its name to make it easier to remember by non-Japanese customers.

The company was thus renamed Sony (from the Latin word "sonus," which means sound) in an effort to make its brand easily recognizable. Sony quickly became one of the leading vendors in the consumer electronics arena, especially in the audio and visual areas. Brands like Walkman, Trinitron, and many others are a testament to the impressive product line it assembled. But Sony stood away from the gaming business until the late 1980s when work on the first Sony PlayStation began. The rest is history. Today Sony builds consoles and creates games in many studios worldwide. The PlayStation gaming platform is central to its overall business strategy, which has been successfully expanded outside the consumer electronics division."

Sony?

Bony!

(Old 80's movie reference).

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

okay!  'Windows XONE'

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.