Coffeehouse Thread

38 posts

Y! Mail=1000MB, GMail=2425MB, Hotmail=2MB, Why So...?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    krishnakuma​rhere

Y! Mail = 1000 MB

GMail = 2425.692561 megabytes (and counting)

Hotmail = Still 2 MB !!!!!

Why so....?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

krishnakumarhere wrote:
    Y! Mail = 1000 MB

Why so....?
    Most people have 250 MB now.

• User profile image
    krishnakuma​rhere

ZippyV wrote:
    krishnakumarhere wrote:
    Y! Mail = 1000 MB

Why so....?
    Most people have 250 MB now.

Is it so..?

I still have only 2 MB... Sad

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

On my account I have 250mb.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Some locales though were not going to be upgraded till the Fall I read somewhere, so maybe thats the problem here.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    BenZila

http://www.activewin.com/articles/2005/beta_mail.shtml

Aparrently it's going up too 2 GB.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Programous wrote:
    I have a PAID e-mail account for my website and I still have 50 megs.

I've got my own Exchange server with 64TB space, top that Wink

• User profile image
    BenZila

If I send all my google invites to myself, then send those invite again, and so on and so on.

Wink

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

Thats the beauty of Outlook 2002 to 2003, when my Hotmail inbox fills up, I just back up those e-mails to a local folder in Outlook 2003, no worries. Smiley

• User profile image
    ACT10Npack

Hotmail should give 10GB so that it can look like they give out the most. No one use 1GB of space anyway.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Andre Da Costa wrote:
    Thats the beauty of Outlook 2002 to 2003, when my Hotmail inbox fills up, I just back up those e-mails to a local folder in Outlook 2003, no worries.

That "Hotmail Connector" for Outlook is a rip-off, and you still get adverts in Hotmail, even with "MSN Premium".

It's just a tax for stupidity, IMO. (But hey, I'm not complaining Wink )

ACT10Npack wrote:
    Hotmail should give 10GB so that it can look like they give out the most. No one use 1GB of space anyway.

Actually, a lot of users do fill up their 1GB GMail space quite quickly, especilly what with the Drive Emulators available for Windows and Linux that hook into your GMail space.

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

W3bbo wrote:
    Andre Da Costa wrote: Thats the beauty of Outlook 2002 to 2003, when my Hotmail inbox fills up, I just back up those e-mails to a local folder in Outlook 2003, no worries.

That "Hotmail Connector" for Outlook is a rip-off, and you still get adverts in Hotmail, even with "MSN Premium".

It's just a tax for stupidity, IMO. (But hey, I'm not complaining )

ACT10Npack wrote: Hotmail should give 10GB so that it can look like they give out the most. No one use 1GB of space anyway.

Actually, a lot of users do fill up their 1GB GMail space quite quickly, especilly what with the Drive Emulators available for Windows and Linux that hook into your GMail space.

Actually, I'm using the old web-DAV technology, I still have access to it because I was always using it and it was backed up through my PST file. So I will never loose it.

• User profile image
    lars

rjdohnert wrote:
    Some locales though were not going to be upgraded till the Fall I read somewhere, so maybe thats the problem here.

That was last fall. My Hotmail account is still 2Mb, not that I really care anymore. Just dump Hotmail and get an account somewhere less craptacular.

• User profile image
    Elix

Well, part of it is this (from the main Hotmail sign-in page):

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.

Also, it's possible your account has been flagged wrong. Sign in to http://support.msn.com/ and send an email to MSN Hotmail staff asking that they look at your userclass.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Elix wrote:
    Well, part of it is this (from the main Hotmail sign-in page):

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.

Also, it's possible your account has been flagged wrong. Sign in to http://support.msn.com/ and send an email to MSN Hotmail staff asking that they look at your userclass.

Might I ask where this policy came from?

Of course, all of my former hotmail accounts have me down as:

"Name: Beverly Hills

Address: 123 Fake Street, Beverly Hills, 90210, California, USA"

Which explains why I had 250MB space before my account was deleted after leaving it for 30 days (another stupid policy, imo)

• User profile image
    peterwillcn

yeah!
    I have hotmail 2000 MB!  soo cool ...!
    why .................i do't know! do't know...?
    hahah.......Most people have 250 MB now!
    is it so...Maybe I am the homail frantic user!

• User profile image
    Aayush Puri

Actually I received an email from the Hotmail Staff thatg by August end my Hotmail account would also be upgraded to 250MB 9right now it's 2MB). I guess the Hotmail people have brought about the upgradation process regionwise. India is probably towards the end of that queue!
    Also have a look at the screenshots of the new Hotmail

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.