Coffeehouse Thread

69 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IE7 Beta Download?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ScaleOven​Stove

Anyone know when the download will be on MSDN? I am downloading Vista Beta1 now, but can't seem to find IE7 (i want to run on XP). Or maybe it won't be on MSDN?

• User profile image
    keeron

ScaleOvenStove wrote:
    Anyone know when the download will be on MSDN? I am downloading Vista Beta1 now, but can't seem to find IE7 (i want to run on XP). Or maybe it won't be on MSDN?

(Sorry can't point you to the source, since I've been reading tons of blog entries and articles over the past day) - Yes, it will be on MSDN and looks like Aug 3rd is the date.

Also, I *think* (well, atleast from winsupersite's review and other screenshots) IE 7 is in Vista Beta 1 (unless you wanted to use that in XP, then probably have to wait)

- Keeron    

• User profile image
    intelman

I herad it was initially corrupt!

• User profile image
    irascian

ScaleOvenStove wrote:

Don't quote me on this (because after a "brain wearying" day at work, an evening .Net user group meeting and two hours of reading blogs on the subject of Vista I'm not quite sure what I learnt where!) but I THINK I read somewhere that there won't be a separate IE7 until Beta 2. Beta 1 is an "included in Vista" build only.

My fried brain thinks it read this in the long analysis of Vista over at PC Magazine so it might be worth your reading through that if you're desperate for a quick answer. It was either there or on one of the "celebrity" blogs which talked about a "public" beta of IE7 not happening until Beta 2.

Hopefully someone more official will be along in a minute to confirm or deny this.

Me, I'm off to get some sleep while Microsoft File Transfer continues its long, slow 80KB/sec download.

• User profile image
    ScaleOven​Stove

right, there isnt a "public" beta1 of Vista either, but you can get it if you are MSDN subscriber. I was wondering if IE7 standalone will be on MSDN, as I hear it is avail for the beta testers.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

(just rebooting my Tablet PC after installing IE7 beta 1 on it)

It's certainly being talked about as a separate beta internally.

• User profile image
    ScaleOven​Stove

right,

"If you are a Web or software developer and want to test Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1, you can access it via your MSDN subscription, or if you don’t have an MSDN subscription you can join MSDN now"

but, i login to MSDN subscriber downloads (I have universal subscription), and I dont see, it just IE 6 and IE 6 w SP1)

• User profile image
    jonathanh

The INTERNAL beta site only went live five hours ago.

And two hours ago they started the ship party.

So I'd give it a while yet  

• User profile image
    ScaleOven​Stove

Good news to hear. Ill let them get a little boozed up, then check for the bits. Thanks

• User profile image
    intelman

That is kinda sad.

• User profile image
    eddwo

The version available to download from Connect is corrupt.
    The digital signature on it does not verify even though the File Transfer Manager said it had completed succesfully (twice).

Signature says

a2 58 00 bb 75 77 f5 85 4b 38 23 b8 22 28 d9 41 40 d0 24 4e
    File is
    ff 39 68 37 4b b1 db 8b fd 08 3c b7 8a b6 a3 3c d9 b1 8a

• User profile image
    Maurits

jonathanh wrote:
    The INTERNAL beta site only went live five hours ago.

Who's been dogfooding it?  Just the IE team?

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Maurits wrote:
    Who's been dogfooding it?  Just the IE team?
    And partner teams. The internal beta is for any random Microsoft employee, e.g. me Smiley

• User profile image
    intelman

They fixed it.

• User profile image
    Manip

I wonder if anyone would be so good as to post up file information that could be used to verify if a copy received from a third party source is 'real'.

Information of interest:

File Name?
    File Size (accurate as possible)?
    Modified Date / Time?
    Digital Sig - Time Stamp?
    Digital sig - Message Digest?
    Digital Sig - Serial?

• User profile image
    leighsword

IE 7 tab is not good, iTunes Music store tab is more creative.

(Home>Altenative>Gorllaz>Demon Days)
    it shows my current Page is Demon Days, just need click Altenative word when need back to Altenative Page.

• User profile image
    Manip

Can you change the tool bar positions in IE 7 beta?

• User profile image
    leighsword

is IE7 able to  work with  the WinForm  custom controls without any depands?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.