Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

MONAD

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

Does the x64 version of MONAD on beta.microsoft.com refer to the processor architecture or the version of Windows XP? I have a 64 bit processor with a 32 bit OS.

• User profile image
    borosen

Pimp Daddy wrote:
    Does the x64 version of MONAD on beta.microsoft.com refer to the processor architecture or the version of Windows XP? I have a 64 bit processor with a 32 bit OS.

That most certainly refers to the OS version.

Are there any advantages of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit architecture over a 32-bit arch?

• User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

I'm not sure of the performance improvements, but the fact that x64 refers to the OS is a bit of a pain. I wanted to try out MONAD as I enjoy shell scripting with Bash on Linux, so it would have been interesting to make comparisons.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

The upgrade from WinXP Pro 32bit to 64 bit is free, so you should be able to get it... I think.

• User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

After finding there's an x86 version, I went to download it and all I got was an asp page, when I should have got a zip file. What the heck is going on?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.