Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MONAD

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

Does the x64 version of MONAD on beta.microsoft.com refer to the processor architecture or the version of Windows XP? I have a 64 bit processor with a 32 bit OS.

• User profile image
    borosen

Pimp Daddy wrote:
    Does the x64 version of MONAD on beta.microsoft.com refer to the processor architecture or the version of Windows XP? I have a 64 bit processor with a 32 bit OS.

That most certainly refers to the OS version.

Are there any advantages of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit architecture over a 32-bit arch?

• User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

I'm not sure of the performance improvements, but the fact that x64 refers to the OS is a bit of a pain. I wanted to try out MONAD as I enjoy shell scripting with Bash on Linux, so it would have been interesting to make comparisons.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

The upgrade from WinXP Pro 32bit to 64 bit is free, so you should be able to get it... I think.

• User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

After finding there's an x86 version, I went to download it and all I got was an asp page, when I should have got a zip file. What the heck is going on?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.