Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Whats your fav. movie?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Loadsgood

Does Channel 9 have to be completly tech? I am bringing a bit of normality to this tech end of the world by asking the question which has plagued everyone's mind from the day of the birth of the Earth. "What's your favourite movie?"

Your all probably thinking how dare he ask that question! Well I shall defy the 'social laws'.

My own answer to the question is 'Milo and Otis' I don't know if any of you have heard of this movie but I found it to be really cute that a dog and a cat can get along while still having fun and not being a cartoon.

• Manip

Not exactly exotic, but I think LOTR's. We need more non-tech topics in here.. that is what, after all the tech room is for Smiley

I don't want to bore everyone by going into detail of why I like LOTR's but it is not simply just the battles. The entire film(s) strings together in a very odd but compelling way, the acting is wonderful and it is flawless.

• AndyC

Hmm, I'm an old fashioned sort and so my favourite has to be It's A Wonderful Life.

good thing to ask though, less tech more chat in the coffeehouse!

• GooberDLX

Milo and Otis - gooooood movie, if you love the company of an animal you can appreciate it.

A Wonderful Life - my mother's favorite, spent my entire childhood watching it over and over and over..

Twin Peaks - slightly out of my generation...

LOTR - watched the entire trilogy back to back this last weekend.. only because I was injured and couldnt do much of anything else..

MY FAVORITE?
    I have been asked many times, so how about a favorite 6?

Scarface, Donnie Darko, Clockwork Orange, Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, and Braveheart

Jake

• jamie

2001  /  apocalypse now  /  clockwork orange
    empire strikes back   /  magical mystery tour

• Cider

"True Romance"

• Jaz

war games,  well not my fave but i do love it.

• Sampy

That Antitrust movie was pretty scary Tongue Out

• lars

The Big Lebowski (1998)

/Lars.

• risu

Better Off Dead

"NT...big difference"

• KennyH

Some of my faves:

Hudsucker Proxy
    LOTR (all 3)
    Matrix (yes, all 3)

• cwoodruff

Mine would be Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory .  I cannot stop watching it if I see it on TV.  For days after I cannot get the songs out of my head.  Watching the movie as an adult is a totally different experience than as a kid.  That is the main appeal for me.

• object88

Perhaps my alltime favorite would have to be Apocalypse Now (Redux).  However, there are many worthy runners-up...

It's easier to categorize favorites by people, it seems.  I tend to really like movies with Kevin Smith, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, John Cusack, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, Jim Jarmusch, or Tom Hanks.

That said, there are still a few specifics to mention: Clockwork Orange, The Big Lebowksi, and the Harry Potter series, and Hardware.

• Jorriss

Bill Hill on Channel 9!!!

• GooberDLX

cwoodruff wrote:
    Mine would be Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory .  I cannot stop watching it if I see it on TV.  For days after I cannot get the songs out of my head.  Watching the movie as an adult is a totally different experience than as a kid.  That is the main appeal for me.

Goooood movie! Add that one too! Smiley

Jake

• Cider

"Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".

Yes, indeed.  Great movie.  And one which offers up a massive quandry:

They're remaking it!  BUT, Tim Burton is at the helm and Johnny Depp is Willy Wonka.

Is it a case of an unremakable movie or, if they HAVE to, at least its the right people doing it...

Mind you, its good to see the movies on this list are of a good mix.  Its always the fear that when talking to techie people they'll come out with things like "my favourite movie is Pirates of Silicon Valley"!

• Manip

Cider wrote:
    Its always the fear that when talking to techie people they'll come out with things like "my favourite movie is Pirates of Silicon Valley"!

Yes.. nobody would say something like that [Wistles]

• object88

Cider wrote:
    "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".

They're remaking it!  BUT, Tim Burton is at the helm and Johnny Depp is Willy Wonka.

I think the thing to keep in mind when seeing it (and I will see it) is that it's not going to be an exact remake.  It will be "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".  The screenplay writer didn't see the original 70s version before writing the draft, and so the new screenplay is a "more faithful adaptation".  Decide for yourself what that means to you, better or worse, or just different.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.