Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

A request to the Channel9 Team

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

Would it be possible for you to feature a video or two with Joel Spolsky, the founder of Fog Creek Software?

• User profile image
    jonathanh

I think first he'd have to move to Redmond...

• User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

Considering the fact that Joel is an ex-Microsoftie, it shouldn't be too much to ask. But then, it's just a request.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Well, C9 is generally about 2 way communication between Microsoft and it's users. While Joel is definitely an expert on Microsoft, I'm not sure he'd want to be 'the voice of Microsoft' officially, and I'm not sure that it's of benefit.

That said I would LOVE to see an interview with Joel... And wouldn't object to it being on C9... Just that if you interview Joel, I can think of hundreds of others I'd want interviewed too Wink

• User profile image
    jonathanh

Sending the Channel9 team "on tour" to interview a bunch of well-known bloggers would be very cool.  It would be great to put a moving face to a lot of the writing out there.  I'm not sure what their travel budget is, though Smiley

Maybe they could shoot a bunch of interviews in one place instead?  Like, say, the next TechEd?  Or MVP Summit?

• User profile image
    Richard Acton

I'd love to see Raymond Chen being interviewed on C9. His blog is full of interesting stories and information. I think it would be cool to capture some of that on video.

• User profile image
    lars

While on the subject of requests; I would like to see Stanley Lippman (Visual C++ Architect) on C9.

AFAIC he's a deity when it comes to C++.

Some other interesting people are Petzold, Dino, Box and Sceppa. I guess they show up at summits. Or why not grab mr.Solomon?

I would also like to see a walk through of where the windows and visual studio teams work - like the one you did for MSDN. Or maybe just grab a few random people in the VS team and talk to them. It's interesting when you talk to the people in charge (those who's title end with MANAGER) - but it would be great to see more stuff from the "factory floor" - the developers that actually make the stuff work! More geeks. Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Yeah, some more interviews with the developers instead of the managers.
    I remember with the launch of vs.net 2002 those 'Iron belt' developers who had to make a connected program within the hour. Those 2 guys were funny. It would be interesting to see what they are doing now at Microsoft.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.