Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

MSN Messenger - Phone calls

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

I recall an older version of MSN Messenger that let you make phone calls. Does Microsoft plan on bringing this feature back?

• User profile image
    bitmask

No. Someone might sue them for making computers easy to use.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    I recall an older version of MSN Messenger that let you make phone calls. Does Microsoft plan on bringing this feature back?

Yeah, it has always been in MSN messenger....

• User profile image
    Jaz

did you know that the british offices of skype are in the same business park as the MS offices,  there are rumors of a take over by MS.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Jaz wrote:
    did you know that the british offices of skype are in the same business park as the MS offices,  there are rumors of a take over by MS.

Take over by MS? Sounds like a very hostage like situation..where might i add did you read/hear about this?

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Steve411 wrote:
    Shining Arcanine wrote: I recall an older version of MSN Messenger that let you make phone calls. Does Microsoft plan on bringing this feature back?

You might be referring to a Video Conference. I'm referring to making an actually phone call through MSN Messenger to (for example) 1-555-555-5555, it was pulled in either version 4.x or 5.x.

• User profile image
    Steve411

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:
    Shining Arcanine wrote: I recall an older version of MSN Messenger that let you make phone calls. Does Microsoft plan on bringing this feature back?

You might be referring to a Video Conference. I'm referring to making an actually phone call through MSN Messenger to (for example) 1-555-555-5555, it was pulled in either version 4.x or 5.x.

nope, msnmsgr 6.01 and 6.02 have it.. so does windows messenger..
      Open up MSN Messenger..
      Actions > Make a Phonecall

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.