Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Where's Scoble????

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jdgx

It's been three WHOLE days and still no word from this guy........

• User profile image
    jamie

the walrus was scoble

(he took a week off)

• User profile image
    Manip

He was on C9 yesterday posting up two videos.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

jdgx wrote:
    It's been three WHOLE days and still no word from this guy........

Hey, I think it would of been better to ask "Where is Scoble?" (IMHO)

Due to all the goings on in London recently....

• User profile image
    Minh

But now he's Bob.

• User profile image
    mbazzoni

He is taking some time off, here is a portion of his last post:

I also find that I'm not able to be human anymore -- I'm not having fun anymore. It's time to take some time away from the blog.

He wants to take a break. He should be able to if he wants.

• User profile image
    bonk

I am sure he will be pleased to read the we miss him though. - Robert, you can be human here, amongst us ... !

• User profile image
    eagle

Robert's been abducted by Aliens, they read his blog...

The next time he appears in our space-time continuum you will notice a change.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I'm chillin and trying to catch up on Channel 9 videos. Hanging out here too.

Just did an awesome interview with Charles of a bunch of CLR team members. Those guys are so freaking smart it's scary. My brain hurts.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I'll start my blog back up on Sunday, by the way.

• User profile image
    Cider

Glad to hear that Robert.  Don't let the b*stards get you down, especially that uber-c*nt Orlowski (I note such is The Register's quality these days, Orlwoski cohort Gavin Clarke managed to call Mitchell Baker, one of the top people in the computing industry, a man).

I've always wondered, if you are so pro blogging and advocate people getting blogs, why not only allow comments on stories through trackbacks?

• User profile image
    Nata1

Good.  I'm bored with all the blogs I read, need something interesting

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Cider, cause then I'd need to deal with Trackback spam. And trackbacks are seriously broken (they only show a small percentage of the people who actually link to a specific post). I should write about that when I get off of vacation.

• User profile image
    Cider

scobleizer wrote:
    Cider, cause then I'd need to deal with Trackback spam. And trackbacks are seriously broken (they only show a small percentage of the people who actually link to a specific post). I should write about that when I get off of vacation.

Actually, I know this because my poor blog on Spaces gets its trackbacks destroyed and I can't be bothered going through the tedious method of deleting them all.

But, jeez, can't you and Dave Whinger come up with some sort of standard?  Maybe something along the lines of issuing a tinyurl-esque URL which has to go through a redirect at the originator blog site for the post and goes through a spam filter on the originator site before it is "authorised" as a trackback (feel free to patent that...).

• User profile image
    blowdart

scobleizer wrote:

Aggh. I've commented on this before, I really ought to write a real rant.

1) Spam doesn't mean trackbacks are broken, any more than spam means comments are broken,

2) Trackbacks only show a small percentage because tools out there don't use or send them. In the same way that some tools don't send pings to technorati, does that mean technorati is broken? And we all know how long it takes technorati et al to update, and even then they still miss stuff.

3) Trackbacks have the advatanges of being instant when sent, and they appear on the site that people send them to. No more having to go off to another site to see who is linking which is a sucky user experience.

For example, lets look at a trackback ping I got sent from an msdn blogger. My site was notified and the link appeared as soon as he updated his page. Technorati shows no links. So which is better?

Write the article Robert, I'll start drafting the rebuttal now Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

blowdart wrote:

Write the article Robert, I'll start drafting the rebuttal now Smiley

Ah, why wait Smiley

• User profile image
    IanD

Oh good, does that mean that the Microsoft Home video will be up soon Wink

Look forward to you blogging again

Ian
    The Windows Media Center Show

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.