Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

SP2 breaks Web Based Powerpoint

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Further to my many posts regarding SP2 fullscreen - I thought I might quickly try to appeal to the hearts and minds of PowerPoint fans.

For anyone who gives presentations - using "Save as Web Page" from Power Points - you now have all the IMPACT of your presentation removed.

• User profile image
    lars

Alot of questions about SP2 lately. Can't you C9 guys ask someone with real insight into the how's and why's of SP2 to come over and do some posting?

Maybe there's room in that $300 million roll out budget for Q'n'As. Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    jamie

Mary Jo has a new article:

"Oh where oh where is SP2"
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1611118,00.asp

Also - check out this Microsoft article called:

"How to Make Your Web Site Work with Windows XP Service Pack 2"  here

* scroll to very bottom and check out the "Was this article helpful"

Over a thousand replies for NOT HELPFUL AT ALL

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

jamie wrote:
    Further to my many posts regarding SP2 fullscreen - I thought I might quickly try to appeal to the hearts and minds of PowerPoint fans.

For anyone who gives presentations - using "Save as Web Page" from Power Points - you now have all the IMPACT of your presentation removed.

The Presentations should have never been full screen off the bat to begin with.

By the way, they can just press F11.

• User profile image
    jamie

umm  no.

i tried what you said - and if anything what happens is a bug

you still get the status bar the toolbar adds all the icons and address bar..

bizarre

they have NOT thought this out

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

jamie wrote:
    umm  no.

i tried what you said - and if anything what happens is a bug

you still get the status bar the toolbar adds all the icons and address bar..

bizarre

they have NOT thought this out

After you press F11, you need to right click it and click autohide...

• User profile image
    jamie

i have auto hide on by default

so it disables it - and comes back on screen.. so I am to re - turn it off.. is that correct?

no way to get rid of status bar - defeats whole point of full screen

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

jamie wrote:
    i have auto hide on by default

so it disables it - and comes back on screen.. so I am to re - turn it off.. is that correct?

no way to get rid of status bar - defeats whole point of full screen

By now, I'm guessing that you thought that you could get full screen by examining an HTML powerpoint presentation. It is disabled so someone can't hijack IE using the same method that the HTML Power Point Presentation does.

Now would you please stop whining.

• User profile image
    lars

Jamie, I'm sure there is a solution to that problem. We just have to lure someone who knows the answer to get in here and do some posting.  Smiley

/Lars.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.