Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Steve Jobs is blogging (it's a parody)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Richard Acton

James Clarke has linked Steve Jobs' new blog. Personally i'm not a fan of Apple but i've subscribed because it's interesting to see a blog from someone in such a senior position of a major player in the industry.

In the past Bill Gates hasn't let Steve get one up on him without doing something about it.. this does beg the question; will we be seeing the likes of Gates or Ballmer in the blogosphere soon?

• User profile image
    robert

Richard Acton wrote:

In the past Bill Gates hasn't let Steve get one up on him without doing something about it.. this does beg the question; will we be seeing the likes of Gates or Ballmer in the blogosphere soon?

Having read (the reviews of)  "the road ahead" let us hope not.

• User profile image
    lars

Looks like he's not too happy about longhorn using Apples cool translucent window patent.

"Filed a patent for tanslucent windows.
    It looks like we've "inspired" some people already. Coming from them, I'm not flattered at all."

http://justonemorething.com/comments/P149_0_1_0/

Anyway, thanks for the tip. It's going to be interesting to read!

/Lars.

• User profile image
    damieng

It's a parody.

As it states at the bottom of the page.

• User profile image
    Richard Acton

damieng wrote:
    It's a parody.

As it states at the bottom of the page.

Ah beaten to it.

Just finished reading the site and noticed it in tiny grey writing.

I did wonder why Steve would have Ads by Google in the middle of his blog when I saw it this morning.

• User profile image
    lars

Dang, thanks for confusing me. After reading his posts I decided he is a jerk. Now you say I have to reconsider. I'm getting dizzy here... Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    spiderLab

Steve Jobs has been blogging for a while, but it is not a blog, it is an ad Wink

By the way Steve J can't see the forrest for Apples.
    I think OS X is cool, but SJ is way to busy with himself that it is a bit uninteresting.

• User profile image
    eagle

I agree, it's just PR no insight here...

It's a start anyway, wouldn't it be wonderful if Bill started one with links and trackbacks to Steve's blog. That conversation would get noticed!

• User profile image
    lenn

It most certainly is a fake. I wonder how long it will be before Apple's legal department rips this down. Actually I am surprised that no one has tried doing this to Bill to date. When Bill starts blogging it will be very aparent that it is him. Not that I have any insider info here. Bill is VERY interested in blogging and does see value in it.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Jobs had a blog at one point. Did it die? He's on my RSS reading list.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.