Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Photostory 3: requests / enhancements

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

please add (if possible) the following:

- ability to drag more than one pic at a time ( ie control key - or shift for a whole bunch) <- like all win apps - across / through timeline

- ability to COPY/PASTE a frame and paste it again somewhere else in timeline  ( this is a serious limitation - for me anyway)

- the "black borders" error message
    I dont get this at all. first of all - i want PS3 to do NOTHING to my files - so i dont choose anything.  Then i hit next after importing photos - and i get this big error (with way way too much wording)

" are you sure you want to continue without removing black borders?  black borders are bad - bla bla bla

translation:  let us arbitrarily squish and crop your photos

are you sure you want to continue???

errr..  yes

so what does ps3 do ? it auto crops images ( maybe it leaves a black border who knows - but i have a joby mazie kids photostory with text - and it crops it - by DEFAULT

whats the big deal you ask...   well it crops text titles - that are in the photo

so guess what the solution is? .. manually crop every photo - when really all i want to say is leave everything alone - and gimmie all the cool photographer black borders you want

of course i cannot leave a photostory post without a couple of totally useless non-ms related links

so here they are ( as i am the pied piper of slashdot kiddies or whatever) *hey ill take that any day over seminar announcer Tongue Out

joby and mazie

swans 

( prefab sprout song - yes i know its got static - ive bought andromeda heights on lp and cassete and CD! and all i have is an mp3 crap version i downloaded "free") * hint english c9 members (well..old ones haha)

edit: apart from that - i love photostory Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

jamie wrote:
    so guess what the solution is? .. manually crop every photo - when really all i want to say is leave everything alone - and gimmie all the cool photographer black borders you want

Yeah -- I leave my photos alone, too. And to avoid the black borders from showing up, you'd just have to make sure your beginning frame & ending frame don't show the black borders. The borders themselves aren't too bad, unless your photos are growing or shrinking, then they look weird.

jamie wrote:

edit: apart from that - i love photostory
    Me too. Though I wish they'd provide better support for Linux & Mac so WMV can be universal.

(Yes, I know Real is cross platform, but I'll never use it because of their flaky player & obnoxious marketing)

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:
    Yes, I know Real is cross platform, but I'll never use it because of their flaky player & obnoxious marketing

What about the Real codec for VLC?

• User profile image
    Minh

W3bbo wrote:
    Minh wrote:Yes, I know Real is cross platform, but I'll never use it because of their flaky player & obnoxious marketing

What about the Real codec for VLC?
    Hmmm... that looks interesting... but I found this in the matrix:

Real No No No No No No

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Search for Real Alternative. I'm too lazy to find it myself.

• User profile image
    PaintedBlue

I haven't used PhotoStory since v1, but one thing that could have been improved was the timing of each photo's duration with respect to the length of an audio file.

In v1, photo durations did not have a high precision (and they might even have been limited to integers only), so it was impossible to precisely sync n number of photos to a song of known duration.

While support for higher-precision data entry would be nice, an option to "fit to audio file" would be much easier (i.e., have PhotoStory automatically compute a fixed duration for each photo such that the video ends in time with the song's ending).

Again, I haven't used the product recently, so these may have already been implemented in later releases.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.