Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The One True File

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    geekling

    If you could download one file, one file from any computer in the world, without consequences, repercussions, or ninjas rapelling down the walls of your apartment building about 15 seconds after you finished the transfer...

    What file would it be?

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    TheMeaningOfLife.doc

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    mVPstar wrote:
    TheMeaningOfLife.doc

    Useless, all that's in there is "42". Smiley

    C:\Documents and Settings\Bill Gates\My Documents\BankAccountAndPIN.doc Tongue Out

    EDIT: Damn I forget; Bill is probably dog-fooding Vista and Office 12, so it's C:\Users\Bill Gates\Documents\BankAccountAndPIN.docx Smiley

  • User profile image
    geekling

    I'm more of a The One True Porno.mp4 kind of person, myself.

    I could replace my entire collection with that file.

  • User profile image
    LeighS

    I think I would want the uncensored Warren commission report.doc

  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    Sven Groot wrote:
    mVPstar wrote: TheMeaningOfLife.doc

    Useless, all that's in there is "42".


    Fine.

    TheLifeofMeaning.doc Smiley

    Can't pull a 42-er with that one now can you?


    mVPstar

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    mVPstar wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote:
    mVPstar wrote: TheMeaningOfLife.doc

    Useless, all that's in there is "42".


    Fine.

    TheLifeofMeaning.doc

    Can't pull a 42-er with that one now can you?


    mVPstar


    24.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    The entire collection of dossiers, bios, and databases from Space Command, NSA, FBI, and the CIA.

    ...all put into a single *.rar file Wink

  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    W3bbo wrote:
    The entire collection of dossiers, bios, and databases from Space Command, NSA, FBI, and the CIA.

    ...all put into a single *.rar file

    Right... it's probably labelled "StealMe.rar" too. Smiley

  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    C:\Documents and Settings\EuroMillions\My Documents\Sekrit\LottoNumbers_2005_to_2010.doc

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    Sven Groot wrote:
    EDIT: Damn I forget; Bill is probably dog-fooding Vista and Office 12, so it's C:\Users\Bill Gates\Documents\BankAccountAndPIN.docx


    He isn't. There's only a few hundred folk using O12 right now. It'll go internal beta 1 in November ish, to those devs and such who want to use it, and then wider release spring of next year.

    Note: I'm under NDA for O12, however this is public data I've found elsewhere.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Jeremy W. wrote:
    Note: I'm under NDA for O12, however this is public data I've found elsewhere.



    Does your NDA prohibit you from saying if O12 is a "worthwhile" upgrade? Or is it like Office 2000 to Office 97?

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    W3bbo wrote:
    Jeremy W. wrote: Note: I'm under NDA for O12, however this is public data I've found elsewhere.



    Does your NDA prohibit you from saying if O12 is a "worthwhile" upgrade? Or is it like Office 2000 to Office 97?


    Huge. Huge. Huge.

    ...

    I've tried several ways of describing why it's huge without breaking my NDA, but I don't feel like risking it. You'll be seeing more of O12 very, very soon, at which point I'll be happy to say why I think it's huge.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Okay...

    so consider this friend of mine down the road, she still uses Word '97 on her aging Windows 98 machine to type up her coursework, it does everything she needs it to and doesn't need to upgrade.

    Would she benifit from O12?

  • User profile image
    reedracer

    One file I don't want:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Duke\My Documents\TheBeanRecipe.doc
     
    Mmmm, Pork AND Beans!


    and another

    C:\Documents and Settings\CarltonSheets\My Documents\GetRichWithNoMoneyDown.doc

    How about

    C:\Documents and Settings\BlueBeard\My Documents\Aaaargh_WhereIHidTarGoldMatey..doc


  • User profile image
    MasterPi

    Jeremy W. wrote:
    mVPstar wrote:
    Fine.

    TheLifeofMeaning.doc

    Can't pull a 42-er with that one now can you?


    mVPstar


    24.



    Expressionless


  • User profile image
    AndyC

    W3bbo wrote:
    Okay...

    so consider this friend of mine down the road, she still uses Word '97 on her aging Windows 98 machine to type up her coursework, it does everything she needs it to and doesn't need to upgrade.

    Would she benifit from O12?


    So, do you still beat your wife?

    O12 won't run on 98 anyway, so it's a moot point.

  • User profile image
    Jeremy W

    W3bbo wrote:
    Okay...

    so consider this friend of mine down the road, she still uses Word '97 on her aging Windows 98 machine to type up her coursework, it does everything she needs it to and doesn't need to upgrade.

    Would she benifit from O12?


    Yes. All the apps have significant improvements. Excel, in my mind, has the least of these. But even PowerPoint and Access have huge improvements. Outlook, IMHO has the largest, but then that's because I'm an Outlook guy Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.