Coffeehouse Thread

34 posts

PDC05 Has Sold Out

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • jeffsand

Thank you for the tremendous response, the PDC is a sold out show! We're really excited about meeting all of you in LA for this PDC.

While registration is now closed, we will be maintaining a waitlist. In order to be added to this list please visit this site. For an event of this size there are typically a small number of cancellations and other changes, so some slots do typically become available. Adding yourself to the waitlist does not guarantee that you will be able to register. If space becomes available, the PDC05 Registration Team will contact you with instructions on how to complete your registration. Attendees will be chosen based on the date and time they submit their waitlist request.

Thanks again for your support! See you in LA!

The PDC05 Team

• Larsenal

Good job, PDC05 team!  Unfortunately this means, I'm offically not going.  Sad

Is there anything that someone who lives in LA could stop by?  Perhaps a way for me to at least buy a t-shirt to impress the ladies?

• JohnAskew

Larsenal wrote:
    Good job, PDC05 team!  Unfortunately this means, I'm offically not going.  Sad

Is there anything that someone who lives in LA could stop by?  Perhaps a way for me to at least buy a t-shirt to impress the ladies?

Shhh!

I'm planning a helo-caper; we drop off the copter's rails on ropes to the top of the convention center and use the A/C ventillation shafts to ferret our way to front row seats. You in?

• KnightOfNI

10-4.
    Blue team will storm the front. We will distribute some free t-shirts to distract everybody. so we can get in.

Break. Break.

Red team - red team, any word?

(just for the records - we are kidding guys! Smiley

• Larsenal

Heck yeah I'm in.

Maybe those of us in the LA area should have a "We didn't go to PDC" get together.

• W3bbo

Larsenal wrote:
    Heck yeah I'm in.

Maybe those of us in the LA area should have a "We didn't go to PDC" get together.

How about a "CDC" = "Casual Developer's Conference"? Wink

• JohnAskew

W3bbo wrote:
    Larsenal wrote: Heck yeah I'm in.

Center for Disease Control -- already taken -- hey wait, can that still work for us?

• W3bbo

JohnAskew wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    Larsenal wrote: Heck yeah I'm in.

Center for Disease Control -- already taken -- hey wait, can that still work for us?

Well, with your West Nile Virus, there is a certain ring to it, I'll agree.

• Harlequin

Do we know the number of people going? 3,000, 6,000? Or is it a bit of a secret.

What about attendance totals for previous conferences?

• scobleizer

One year the conference I was helping to plan (VBITS) sold out. Three guys had an idea. They hitchhiked to the conference and painted themselves all up and held signs saying "VBITS or Bust" or something like that. We felt such sympathy for them that we let them in for free.

I'm not saying to try it, but you never know the power of a little creativity.

• Larsenal

I wonder what the stats are on who foots the bill.  Out of all the attendees, how many are sent by their company (in some form) and how many send themselves?

I'd call it a PFDC = "Poorly Funded Developer's Conference"

• bonk

All you poor guys that won't be at the PDC, let's scratch each others backs and have a (virtual) party. Let's make it way cooler than the PDC, so everybody at the PDC is jealous. Any ideas ?

• JohnAskew

bonk wrote:
    All you poor guys that won't be at the PDC, let's scratch each others backs and have a (virtual) party. Let's make it way cooler than the PDC, so everybody at the PDC is jealous. Any ideas ?

Start with beer.

Beer in the middle.

Beer at the end.

?

• eddwo

I'm interested to know how many "Sold out" represents. PDC '03 was reported as 7000, is this years any bigger? I don't see why it should be a secret.

• Charles

If you're old enough, come have some drinks with us in LA.

C9 Team

• MasterPi

scobleizer wrote:
    One year the conference I was helping to plan (VBITS) sold out. Three guys had an idea. They hitchhiked to the conference and painted themselves all up and held signs saying "VBITS or Bust" or something like that. We felt such sympathy for them that we let them in for free.

I'm not saying to try it, but you never know the power of a little creativity.

Yes, but you never would have posted that if you hadn't wanted us to try such a thing. Smiley

Quick Niners! Tis the year of the Niner, if you know what I'm thinking... Tongue Out

mVPstar

• Larsenal

mVPstar wrote:
    Quick Niners! Tis the year of the Niner, if you know what I'm thinking...

I think I do... and the thought of actually doing that makes me laugh.

• Minh

Charles wrote:
    If you're old enough, come have some drinks with us in LA.

C9 Team
    Hey, that would eliminate 90% of the posters here Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.