Coffeehouse Thread

28 posts

C9 idea: auto birthdays (icons or something)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

just like other forums have ( no big idea here)

but if you put in your profile BD info - it highlights your name or features you at top - or puts that ms candle msn messenger icon by all your posts for that time period (something - anything)

i think that it would be nice for members

nothing worse than having to post "its my birthday"

* i was going to atempt searching c9 for birthdays and entering them in a calendar i have - but thatll end up like channel9.ca/downloads ... which is now c9 sandbox so - .. lets skip that step

Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

I don't know. After your 18th, isn't it just another year closer to death? But, I've been accused of being negative before, so maybe it's just me.

• User profile image
    jamie

hey if either of your names high-lighted different or something that would surfice

this is a community - people have birthdays -

they shouldnt have to say "hey ya'll - i was born today"

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jamie

..and one day shorter of breath"

gotta love roger waters
    anyway

cmon wheres the harm? add a birthday field?

* if i was programming a community site - all birthday posters would go to top of cofeehouse for the day ( most recent posts etc) or a "birthdays today are: __ " something anyway

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    jamie

Programous wrote:
    jamie wrote: ..and one day shorter of breath"

gotta love roger waters
    anyway

* if i was programming a community site - all birthday posters would go to top of cofeehouse for the day ( most recent posts etc) or a "birthdays today are: __ " something anyway

I would make it to something more useful, like on there birthday send them a list the most common ways people die in that age group.

haha

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Dang man, I love birthdays, and I've been past 18/21 for awhile.  Its your free day to do whatever you want (and if its not how it works for you then you're following the wrong rule book*).

*For those who wish to show off their smarts, I know its not "whatever" you want, but within reason, and the laws, yada, yada...

• User profile image
    bonk

Just wanted to let you know , that may birthday is Aug 19 (yes that's tomorrow). So get you presents ready ! Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

see??

Smiley

happy pre-birthday bonk!

ok goodnite for real

• User profile image
    Steve411

Jamie  -

Ain't gonna' happen. Smiley

- Steve

• User profile image
    l33tn00b

jamie wrote:
    ..and one day shorter of breath"

gotta love roger waters
    anyway

Sounds good...perhaps for now we can have a birthday wiki  Wink

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Steve411 wrote:
    Jamie  -

Ain't gonna' happen.

- Steve

Why do you say that?

• User profile image
    eagle

The Devil made him do it!

I've noticed that jamie joined C9 on my birthday!

• User profile image
    Steve411

AdamKinney wrote:
    Steve411 wrote:Jamie  -

Ain't gonna' happen.

- Steve

Why do you say that?

You guys are far too busy. Wait, what are you doing up at 1 AM? Tongue Out

- Steve

• User profile image
    Angus

I think that this is an OK idea, I would not mind having it implemented, but do we at Channel 9 really treat someone that much differently when it is their birthday?

I think this idea is a pretty good one, but is it neccessary?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    irascian

Beer28 wrote:

The drinking age is 18 here, same age as enlistment.
    Funny story, I got kicked out of a club once for being 20 and 51 weeks, 1 week shy of my birthday in NYS. Like it really mattered. I hate people like that.

The law is the law and if the law says "21" it MEANS "21". If you bend the rules for 1 week, why not bend them for 1 month, or 1 year or whatever.

I'm not saying the law's right, but any club is playing with fire if it breaks the law. They're the ones who get screwed not you when the powers that be point out you're not legally allowed to enter.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I son't really like the idea, it makes C9 somewhat more generic compared to other forums, everyone has a birthday listing for crying out loud, can't Jamie think of something more creative? Like when a C9er enters their birthday into a form it gets enetered into a database and from that database a bunch of C9 Park artists make a C9 Park episode especially for them. Heck, more C9 Park, is good for everyone (to bad there isn't any C9 Park for Beer leaving and coming back, or people being physically ill when reading Scoble's Blog Big Smile (quoting Scoble himself).

Icon? Pffffff C'mon mate you can do better than that,
    Loadsgood.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.