Coffeehouse Thread

66 posts

//BUILD/ 2013

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Ian2

San Francisco

June 26 (from 9am) - June 28 (until 2:30pm)

(Only 2.5 days this year)

The Moscone Center

Registration opens at 09:00am PDT, April 2, 2013 Early bird (first 500): $1,595 // Full: $2,095

http://www.buildwindows.com/

Sadly don't have the money to go this year (unless something turns up ... lets be positive!)

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/C9Team/Announcing-Build-2013

Predicting: 7" Surface Tablet & a 5" Surface Phone (both running  pre-beta Windows blue)

• spivonious

, Ian2 wrote

Predicting: 7" Surface Tablet & a 5" Surface Phone (both running  pre-beta Windows blue)

I don't know about that. I'd guess a Surface Pro with Windows Blue RC and maybe HTC 8X.

• Bas

Also apparently there are going to be some sessions.

Sounds good. Wish I'd be able to go, but I doubt my company could afford it. I'll be all over the videos though, as is the case every year.

• Proton2

Isn't Haswell scheduled for June as well?

• felix9

Err... so BUILD will be at the same time as TechEd Europe ?? only weeks after TechEd North American ??

saving news for BUILD will make TechEd boring and pointless, and vise-versa.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2013/03/26/looking-back-and-springing-ahead.aspx

This is just one place we'll discuss the advances coming – another is TechEd.

So ?

• Dr Herbie

I can't make it to Build. Any chance they could bring Build to me?  I live next to quite a large sports field, it could probably fit.

Herbie

• PopeDai

, Dr Herbie wrote

I can't make it to Build. Any chance they could bring Build to me?  I live next to quite a large sports field, it could probably fit.

Herbie

Funny you should say that, Build 2012 was hosted on our campus football fields last year. Including the cricket pitch! Outrage, etc!

• figuerres

Next Year Orlando !  for all us who live on the east coast!

• Harlequin

Conference is too small....this lack of love for developer is getting ridiculous...

• DeathBy​VisualStudio

, Harlequin wrote

Conference is too small....this lack of love for developer is getting ridiculous...

I think people misunderstand Ballmer. Here's what he said: "!Developers, !Developers, !Developers".

I like how Build is becoming a way to sell product. Pretty soon the conference will be virtual and they'll just ship you their latest tablet and phone (for $1500) and tell you to watch the videos on-line.

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • DeathBy​VisualStudio

I guess mocking Build backfired. Budget approved. I'll be there if I can get tickets. [facepalm]

I guess I'm just part of the machine after all...

If we all believed in unicorns and fairies the world would be a better place.
    Last modified
  • spivonious

Any word on the sessions yet? It's hard to get my company to send me anywhere, let alone somewhere that I don't know will provide business value.

• Harlequin

"June 26 (from 9am) - June 28 (until 2:30pm)"

The problem is this timeframe, you're lucky to get to 8 sessions...is that worth two grand plus hotel/flight? And you have to remember part of these sessions are to meet people...talk to Microsofties....mingle....etc. And how many vendors are going to make the trip to setup for two days? Remembering that the third day is when packing up starts...

• Bass

@Harlequin:

You are looking at it the wrong way, technology conferences aren't about learning anything, they are about having your employer treat you to a paid vacation. Notice how nearly all conferences prominently display touristy pictures of the locale as part of their marketing material.

• Harlequin

PDC 2005....when Microsoft knew how to do a conference Smiley

• Ian2

@Harlequin:PDC 2000 ... Orlando!

Nice tale about the 2011 slate device ....

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2013/04/01/10406594.aspx

• evildictait​or

@Ian2: I just came hunting for this thread to add a link to Raymond's post today, but it seems you beat me to it.

By four days.

Raymond posted that blog post today.

And you linked it here four days ago.

I sense a disturbance in the force...

• Ian2

Sorry, must leave that tardis slone ...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.